- After a lengthy stretch of losses, the Canucks took down the Edmonton Oilers 6-3. The loss was best described by Sportsnet:
Man, did the Canucks need this.— Sportsnet (@Sportsnet) May 7, 2021
The saddest team in the NHL, losers of six straight games and trudging through a gruelling schedule, was finally able to smile after beating the Oilers 6-3 on Thursday.
- Jack Rathbone scored his first NHL goal!
A night to remember for Jack Rathbone! pic.twitter.com/7mhK6vZCY1— Vancouver #Canucks (@Canucks) May 7, 2021
- Why the Canucks should hire Jeff Gorton to replace Jim Benning [The Hockey Writers]
- Thomas Drance on the Canucks’ new Abbotsford farm team [The Athletic]
- Some more Abbotsford news:
$750k management fee for the #Canucks with revenue sharing possibilities to further offset the cost to the city.— Thomas Drance (@ThomasDrance) May 7, 2021
Deal locks in an expense much lower than what the city has typically budgeted for, based on Abbotsford Cente’s annual reports over the years.
Looks like a win-win. https://t.co/avfTLPjedG
- And a fascinating Travis Hamonic stat from the game!
- The big NHL news was of course the NHL fining the New York Rangers $250,000 for their statement condemning George Parros and the Department of Player Safety: