Let’s kick off today’s Wake With Elias with a little trip down to Utica.
Comets last game was March 10 vs Rochester.— Ben Birnell (@OD_Birnell) March 30, 2021
Next scheduled game is Friday, April 9 against Rochester.
Team has 8 games that haven’t been rescheduled as part of 32-game schedule. Might be tough to do
The already truncated Comets season has been further affected by COVID. As Utica Observer-Dispatch Reporter Ben Birnell reports, one-quarter of the Comets 32 games have yet to be rescheduled.
In fact, the Comets have played fewer games than any team in the league. They have a 6-2-1 record in nine games so far. Other teams in their division, such as the Hershey Bears, have played 17 games already. The San Diego Gulls lead the league, having played 23 games already this season.
Here’s what else is going on with the Vancouver Canucks.
- Antonie Roussel is pissed off about the Canucks’ schedule. [Daily Hive]
- The Canucks have more NMC’s and NTC’s than any other team in the league. [Vancouver is Awesome]
- A trade deadline preview of the Canucks. [Sportsnet]
- The Canucks cap situation could prevent them from doing anything during the trade deadline. [The Province]
- Justin Bailey’s season is likely over. [Vancouver Is Awesome]
- Are the Canucks (and Jim Benning) making you go bald? [Nucks Misconduct]
- Patrick Marleau is second all-time in games played, and he’s only 10 games back of Gordie Howe for most all-time. [Sportsnet]
- Speaking of the old guys, some of them are still going strong. [CBC]
That includes good, old Joe Thornton.
This is how long Joe Thornton’s been in the league pic.twitter.com/joq1u6B132— Scott Maxwell (@scotmaxw) March 11, 2021
- The latest 31 Thoughts column focuses on Aaron Ekblad’s injury. [Sportsnet]
- Poor Buffalo has now lost 18 straight after blowing a 3-0 lead to Philadelphia last night. [Yahoo Sports]
- Finally, a look at the best and worst free-agent signings at the midway mark of the season. There are some familiar names on that list for Canucks fans... [The Hockey Writers]