- In another frustrating result, the Canucks lost 2-1 to the Philadelphia Flyers. Joshua Rey has three takeaways.
- Iain MacIntyre of Sportsnet with another recap:
- Thomas Drance with some concerning stats on the game:
The #Canucks were out-shot 0-9 with Bo Horvat and Elias Pettersson on the ice at 5-on-5 in the first 20 minutes, in case you were wondering where the offense has gone.— Thomas Drance (@ThomasDrance) October 29, 2021
- Even with all these recaps, it was maybe owner and live-tweet Francesco Aquillini who had the best summation:
Frustrating night— Francesco Aquilini (@fr_aquilini) October 29, 2021
- Travis Green on the Kyle Beach situation:
Travis Green on the Kyle Beach interview: It kind of punches you in the gut. It’s hard to watch. You really can’t imagine what Kyle went through. It’s important to acknowledge him for being courageous and brave enough to come out and talk about it. #Canucks @Sportsnet650— Brendan Batchelor (@BatchHockey) October 28, 2021
- And Daniel Wagner with a feel-good story on Justin Dowling’s lost stuff and a Reddit hero:
A picture of the lock screen of a lost iPad in a diaper bag was posted on the r/Vancouver subreddit, asking if anyone knew the family in the photo.— Daniel Wagner (@passittobulis) October 28, 2021
Sure enough, people did know who it was: it was #Canucks forward Justin Dowling. https://t.co/wc9tcY8HRA
- The big news of the NHL continues to be the fallout from the Kyle Beach interview. Then-Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville, who had been coaching the Florida Panthers, announced his resignation;
The Florida Panthers announced today that Head Coach Joel Quenneville has resigned from his role with the club.— Florida Panthers (@FlaPanthers) October 29, 2021
An interim head coach announcement will be forthcoming.https://t.co/h6Bv3OVdFk
- The resignation came after a meeting between Quenneville and commissioner Gary Bettman. Bettman released a statement supporting the resignation, though apparently leaving the door open for a future return. However, if there is any justice, this is the last we have heard of Quenneville.
Statement from NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman on the resignation of Joel Quenneville. pic.twitter.com/1KjdI2SKOL— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) October 29, 2021
- Here is Quenneville’s own statement on the resignation:
Statement from Joel Quenneville: pic.twitter.com/4FB4CZ2gyw— Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) October 29, 2021
- And it remains to be seen what will happen with now-Jets GM and then-Blackhawks assistant GM Kevin Cheveldayoff, who will meet with Bettman next week.