Who is your pick for the Conn Smythe Trophy right now?
You know this podcast with the firm West Coast bias is going with one of the best U-22 players in NHL history.
Continuing his highly impressive 2020 postseason display tonight, Elias Pettersson's game winner for the @Canucks in Gm5 has him now tied for 7th on this list of notable young centres' performances during a successful postseason run for their teams pic.twitter.com/nZQDeZaaA6— StatsCentre (@StatsCentre) September 2, 2020
Still, it’s nice to see Pettersson get some love from the rest of the NHL right now as well.
My best forwards in hockey right now power rankings....— Mike Kelly (@MikeKellyNHL) September 3, 2020
1) Nathan MacKinnon
2) Brayden Point
3) Elias Pettersson
In all honesty, It’s hard to argue that Nathan Mackinnon isn’t the best player in the NHL playoffs so far. Forget Michael Hutchinson, it’s been Mackinnon who’s willed the Avalanche to Game 7 against Dallas.
If Pettersson can somehow propel a shittier Canucks to an improbable comeback against Vegas, then roll out the red carpet and yell out “Elias Connsmythersson.”
On the latest episode of Silky N’ Filthy (which is now the O.G. of Nucks Misconduct podcasts), Kyle and I go over the best and worst in recent days around the NHL.
That includes the tough questions like:
- How cringey was Jason Kenney’s plea for visitors in Alberta prior to Game 5 between the Canucks and the Golden Knights?
Or, was it cringey at all?
Jason Kenney just came on the NHL broadcast and said "come visit our parks" like bro didn't you defund the parks services?— Cole Howlett-McAuley (@honeyboychild) September 2, 2020
- Which will last longer: Bill Zito, who signed a five-year contract, as the Florida Panthers general manager or the sad-sack, money-losing Panthers actually sticking around in Florida?
Bring back the Nordiques.
- Which B.C. bud are you loving the most in these playoffs: Shea Theodore, Mat Barzal or Jamie Benn?
- Who are the most underrated performers from these NHL playoffs?
- Why is Jon Marchessault so bitter?
Your weekly dose of puck talk and bullshit in all of its glory is available NOW, wherever you listen to podcasts.
Who is your Conn Smythe leader to date?— silkynfilthy (@silkynfilthy) September 3, 2020
Is it....Elias Connsmythersson?
On this week's episode, we dish out chirps to Alberta and turtlenecks, give love to the NHL's most underrated playoff stars, and wonder why Mr. Mustard Salt is so bitter?
LISTEN: https://t.co/aNXE4lmZ67 pic.twitter.com/E1VRAjMCgt