One more sleep until playoff hockey everyone.
Aside from the 27 fans in Arizona, no one currently in the dance has waited longer for their team to play a playoff game.
Personally for me, my wife and I didn’t even live together last time the Canucks were in the playoffs. Now, we’re married and expecting our first child in October.
How has your life changed since the last time the Canucks played a playoff game?
- Just in case you forgot, we are still in a pandemic. Yes, I know, I’m not talking to you directly, but I know you’d be lying to me if you said you didn’t have that one friend of your life who seemingly doesn’t care about social distancing anymore.
Don’t be that person. Listen to Bonnie. [Daily Hive]
- Petey was asked about the 2019 Calder Trophy once again. He wasn’t taking the bait. [The Province]
- The Canucks might have found their perfect measuring stick with the St. Louis Blues. [The Province]
- Oh those baby Canucks, growing up right in front of our eyes [The Hockey News]
- A look here at some comparables for Kole Lind. [The Hockey Writers]
- In yesterday’s draft lottery, there was only medium chaos with the New York Rangers landing the first overall pick.
On the one hand, the Rangers already got their stroke of luck last year, jumping up to #2 overall to select Kappo Kakko. Not to mention, they had Artemi Panarin fall into their lap since the Hart Trophy nominee had his heart set on landing there.
To play devil’s advocate. The Rangers have been managed well by Jeff Gorton, and they are a less chaotic destination than Toronto, Pittsburgh, or Edmonton.
Also, this would be a funny story line.
This would also be intriguing, with scout Cam Robinson ranking Quinton Byfield ahead of Alexis Lafreniere.
With absolutely no insight into their board, the Rangers are one of the teams on paper who could get wild at 1.— /Cam Robinson/ (@Hockey_Robinson) August 10, 2020
They have Panarin and Kreider locked up on the LW for the next 7 years. Their 2C is Ryan Strome..
I’m just saying, Zibanejad/Byfield down the middle is sexy af.