- Some news about former Director of Amateur Scouting Judd Brackett — he has signed with Canucks play-in opponent, the Minnesota Wild. I am sure the online reaction to this news will be calm, measured, and level-headed.
- The Athletic’s Thomas Drance announced that all 34 Canucks players are expected to play in Phase 3. While things can change, this is a very positive sign as the team prepares for their play-in series.
I’m told that all 34 #Canucks players expected to participate in Phase 3 training camp have arrived in Vancouver.— Thomas Drance (@ThomasDrance) July 9, 2020
We’re not at the finish line yet by any means, but the club is expected to have its full arsenal of roster players available for return to play.
- TSN’s Rick Dhaliwal has some updates on Canucks prospects that he reports are NOT going to Europe given the volatile state of the AHL:
Some young players could be looking to sign in Europe due to uncertainty of AHL and NCAA.— Rick Dhaliwal (@DhaliwalSports) July 8, 2020
For those asking, as of right now, that’s not the case for #Canucks prospects Jett Woo, Carson Focht, Will Lockwood and Marc Michaelis.
- Minnesota forward Zach Parise on how the Wild match up against the Canucks [TSN]
- An NHL rumours column that features a look a prospect Jack Rathbone [Last Word on Sports]
- And the latest episode of the C4 Canucks Podcast [Canucks Hockey Blog]