Read more about that below, and remember to embrace the fake.
- TSN’s Craig Button said on “The Quiz” with James Duthie, that he believes the Vancouver Canucks will be Canada’s next team to win the Stanley Cup. [TSN]
Okay, he didn’t say the Canucks winning this year, but he clearly hasn’t embraced the fake playoffs yet. He’s failed to see why this is Vancouver’s year.
That’s okay Craig, there’s still time.
There’s also this quote from his spiel which might hamper your confidence in the Canucks pulling off this feat that’s escaped the franchise for 50 years.
“Jim Benning will have to navigate his salary cap and leave himself in a position where he can round out the team.”
The other panelists, Jamie MacLennen and Dave Poulin both picked the Winnipeg Jets. No love for Toronto or Edmonton, guys? We’re okay with that.
- Apparently Travis Green has been using the pause to develop new plans for his team. [Sportsnet]
- Rob Reese goes “behind the numbers” to analyze some statistics behind the Canucks vs. Wild match-up. [NHL]
- Finally, for the VIP’s, Harman Dayal makes the case about why Jack Rathbone has top-four potential. [The Athletic]
Around the NHL
- This is the most-interesting NHL read of the day in my opinion. Joh Matisz gathers opinions from a group of health experts who weigh in on the NHL’s return to play plan. [The Score]
- Some quotes from a few Blackhawks players on what’s one of my favourite round robin match-ups. [NHL]
- Finally, an argument to get rid of neutral zone face-offs. I’m here for this argument. [Sportsnet]