- Adam Jahns of The Athletic Chicago gathered a myriad of interviews and wrote about the hatred between the Canucks and the Blackhawks [The Athletic]
One of the bigger “bombshells” in the article was tweeted by Thomas Drance.
Have I been doing work on this, including texting Bolland “were you trolling with this quote lol?” and checking with people from the #Canucks front office at the time? Yes I have.— Thomas Drance (@ThomasDrance) May 26, 2020
I’ll unpack it on @TSN1040 with @HalfordTSN and @JasonBroughTSN at 8:30am: https://t.co/Kh0QLvzDtu
Whether he was trolling or serious, I think this is one thing Canucks fans could unanimously agree on: We’re all thrilled that Dave Bolland never signed with the Canucks.
- Ben Kuzma went over the NHL’s Phase 2 roll-out, and how it impacts the Canucks and the staff at Rogers Arena. [The Province]
- In case you missed it, Kent previewed Game One of the 1994 Conference Finals between the Vancouver Canucks and the Toronto Maple Leafs which aired on Sportsnet yesterday. Sportsnet will continue to air the series throughout the week. [Nucks Misconduct]
Around the NHL
- According to David Staples, the Edmonton Oilers “secret weapon” heading into the playoffs is their third line of Riley Sheahan, Joakim Nygard and Josh Archibald. [Edmonton Journal]
- Jim Montgomery opened up to Pierre LeBrun about his struggles with alcoholism after being fired as head coach of the Dallas Stars. [The Athletic]
- Our pals over at SB Nation’s Canes Country talk about how the Hurricanes are being screwed over by the 24-team playoff format. They also give their suggestion to adjusting the 24-team format, which could see the Canucks face the (gulp) Bruins in Round One.[Canes Country]