If you’re handed a cheque for $11.5 million, what are you buying? Has to be a helicopter right?
Kyle and I debate about how to frivolously spend money following Artemi Panarin’s monster contract. That leads into the discussion of “The Silky Six,” where we hand-pick the six best general managers to emerge from NHL Free Agency.
We then take a look at “The Filthy Five,” the five general managers around the NHL who brought shame to the name filthy, which can be good thing.
This year in NHL free agency was interesting though, because it doesn’t look like any team massively screwed up by swallowing a poison pill. That being said, we do call out five GM’s who emerged from free agency with middling to mediocre results.
After talking about this convertible-hijacking hooligan in Meanwhile in Canadia, we end the episode by talking about the best under-the-radar signings in free agency.
I might even throw Jim Benning a little bit of love. It is summer, after all.
Speaking of love, we got all the love for Phil Kessel:
Here’s a breakdown of the episode.
The Silky Six:
- Jeff Gorton, New York Rangers (6:15)
- Kyle Dubas, Toronto Maple Leafs (9:45)
- Joe Sakic, Colorado Avalanche (13:00)
- Don Waddell, Carolina Hurricanes (15:45)
- Dale Tallon, Florida Panthers (17:45)
- Jim Nill, Dallas Stars (21:30)
The Filthy Five:
- Paul Fenton, Minnesota Wild (25:30)
- Ken Holland, Edmonton Oilers (28:30)
- Marc Bergevin, Montreal Canadiens (30:40)
- Pierre Dorion, Ottawa Senators (32:15)
- Jim Benning, Vancouver Canucks (34:45)
- Meanwhile in Canadia: “Cruise Control” (40:15)
- Some solid, positive, under-the-radar UFA signings (43:45)
Best Coyote of all time?
This poll is closed