Picture this: It’s April 2020, and the Oilers are well out of the playoffs, even though McDavid just posted a career-high of 137 points.
The game’s best player is fed up, so he demands to be traded out of the NHL’s saddest team of the 21st century. So, where will Ken Holland send the league’s best players, and what does the deal look like? Does he give his old buddy Steve Yzerman a call?
Kyle Bhawan and I drum up some trade proposals for Mr. McJesus, so remember these next season once Connor demands a departure from Edmonton. A big thanks for Jeff Chapman of Copper & Blue for hopping on the show to talk about the Oilers offseason and the
possibility inevitability of McDavid be traded.
We had some fun with this episode, so we hope you enjoy it too. Except for Oilers fans, you guys can expect this to be painful.
Here’s the episode breakdown:
- Will Connor McDavid be a good Canadian boy? (0:00)
- Jeff Chapman of Copper & Blue joins the show (7:00)
- Assessing the Oilers early offseason moves (10:00)
- Before the trade talk, will Tippett be Edmonton’s saviour? (14:30)
- It’s 2020 and the Oilers still suck. What’s next? (17:30)
- The first trade proposal (23:45)
- Shaping of the Pacific (28:45)
- The McDavid trade is going to happen (38:00)
- The trade proposals (39:45)
Where will McDavid be traded to in 2020?
This poll is closed
Toronto Maple Leafs
Detroit Red Wings
New York Islanders