Sir Binnington and those silky saves propelled St. Louis to their first Stanley Cup in franchise history.
What a beautiful moment for the franchise, and it caps off one of the craziest runs in Stanley Cup history.
Kyle Bhawan and I break down the insanity that was the St. Louis Blues playoff run by going over the five craziest stories behind their improbable win.
In the latter half of the episode, Kyle and I debut “The Beauties,” a few awards that we give out based on what transpired during the last nine months of hockey.
A recap of nine months condensed into under an hour. That’s some Jordan Binnington value right there.
Here’s the episode breakdown:
- Biggest story of the Cup Final (0:00)
- Opening Period: The Blues actually did it (2:45)
- What would you call the Binnington movie? (6:20)
5 Craziest Things About the Blues’ Cup Run
5. Berube is still an interim head coach (8:30)
4. St. Louis was dominated on special teams and still won (13:15)
3. They were tied with the Senators in January (18:00)
2. Ryan O’Reilly is no longer cursed (20:30)
1. Who else but Binnington (31:15)
- Beauty of the Year (40:00)
- F*** Up of the Year (43:40)
- Best Bulls**t Moment of the Year (45:20)
- Story of the Year (48:45)
- Silkiest Time of the year (51:20)
Still a few more episodes to come before it’s time for summer vacation. With buy-outs, the draft and free agency upcoming, it’s time to enter Bizarro season in the NHL.