Joining the Silky N’ Filthy podcast this week was a guy who displayed some silky moves himself during his time in the NHL.
Former Vancouver Canuck Dixon Ward hopped on the podcast to chat about everything from playing alongside Pavel Bure, to describing what it was like to face Mike Modano and Brett Hull in the Stanley Cup Final.
Ward once posted one of the best totals for goals and among rookies in team history, but he’s recently been passed by the likes of Brock Boeser and Elias Pettersson. No bitterness from Ward as the Canucks recent youngsters shoot up the list, and he gives some advice for Quinn Hughes at the end of the interview as well.
Many thanks to Mr. Ward for joining the show. He provided some great insight on how players have to adjust their game to succeed in the NHL, and shared some great stories about his journey through the hockey world.
Why not the @Avalanche?— silkynfilthy (@silkynfilthy) May 30, 2019
A whole lot of Puck-Talk and a bundle of Bullsh*t in the links below. New Episode of Silky N' Filthy OUT NOW! #StanleyCup #goavsgo
Apple: https://t.co/JeMsLkn66Q pic.twitter.com/5u9lrPtOPX
Of course I wouldn’t forget about my co-host Kyle “Flower Man” Bhawan. We chatted about a number of things including the most polarizing coaches of this generation in the NHL, the Aquiloonie bombshell, some love for the Blues and even more love Phil Kessel and Erik Karlsson.
Here’s the episode breakdown:
- Dixon Ward joins the show (5:30)
- The Brad Marchand appreciation minute (10:00)
- Dixon on his time in Vancouver & some Gino Odjick love (15:00)
- How John Tortorella helped his career (22:00)
- Dixon describes the feeling of playing for the Stanley Cup (26:00)
- How this year’s finals might change the game (33:00)
- On the Canucks emerging young stars (36:00)
- (With Kyle) The most polarizing NHL coaches of this generation (46:00)
- Meanwhile in Canadia: Aquiloonies strike again (53:00)
- Perfect symmetry in the Stanley Cup Final (60:00)
- Beauties of the Week, Kessel & Karlsson (65:00)
Enjoy the episode, or else I will hunt you down and show you all 5,000 of my wedding photos...