The Arizona Coyotes are doing big things right now, but what does it all mean? Are they primed to bump their Cup drought before Vancouver??
Even though the holidays are about relaxing and being joyous, things got serious when we talked about the Vancouver Canucks’ Cup chances in the 2020s. That culminated with Kyle claiming that he’s not going to have a kid, or even a girlfriend, until the Canucks win a Stanley Cup. His cutoff is 2030 but damn, that’s a long ten years.
The topics got less serious towards the end of the episode, as we tried to envision one Christmas wish for each of the Western Conference teams. The wishes range from logical, to cynical, to raunchy...
So why didn’t we include the Eastern Conference on this list? C’mon, this is the show with the WEST COAST BIAS. The NHL has enough Eastern Conference slurpers already.
NEW EPISODE— silkynfilthy (@silkynfilthy) December 19, 2019
The West Coast Bias is back
- Is Kyle's nightmare for real?!
- Who's winning their first cup in the next decade?
- Trevor's Christmas Wish
+ MORE #NHL
OUT EVERYWHERE https://t.co/eQukmTSQhK pic.twitter.com/Zx1d4ds8iY
We like to poke fun, but whether you’re from the West or the East, we want to wish all of our listeners a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
We’re going to have two awesome pre-recorded decade wrap-up episodes coming out after Christmas, but Kyle and I aren’t recording anything new for a month as I kick off my New Year in Australia.
A huge thank you again to everyone who’s supported us since our podcast teamed up with SB Nation back in March. We’ve released 126 episodes since then, and we’re extremely appreciative of the growing audience we’ve noticed on the network. Cheers to you guys and gals tuning in.
Last but not least, a big shout out to our Nucks Misconduct Podcast Manager, Kyle Bhawan. You don’t see his name pop up too much on here, but he’s been doing a ton of work behind the scenes to turn the Nucks Misconduct Podcast Network into something worthwhile.
Big things are coming in the new year as we look to add a fourth show, and continue bringing great content overall, in terms of podcasting and writing, to this website.
Anyways, enough of the sentimental rant. Here’s a rundown of the episode
- Who wins a Cup first, the Arizona Coyotes or the Vancouver Canucks? (3:00)
- Ten teams have never won a Cup (Coyotes, Buffalo Sabres, Columbus Blue Jackets, Florida Panthers, Minnesota Wild, Nashville Predators, San Jose Sharks, Canucks, Vegas Golden Knights & Winnipeg Jets. Who bumps the slump first? (11:30)
- Biggest choke of the decade? 2019 Tampa Bay Lightning or 2013 Toronto Maple Leafs? (16:45)
- Which Cup-winning team was the best of the decade? (21:15)
- Granting Christmas wishes in the Western Conference (28:00)
So, who wins a Cup first?
This poll is closed
If Arizona does win a Cup before Vancouver, will you quit being a hockey fan?
This poll is closed