1. I saw a comment from jimmi.cynic the other night, where he believes that Daniel Sedin would like to continue playing, but Hank might be done. Jimmi…..if this is true, I have no issues with one Sedin staying. It goes against what they have said in the past about playing apart, but I would have no issue signing Daniel for one more year and have him play with the young guys like Gaudette and Pettersson. I also think Daniel will struggle mightily without Henrik and that’s one it would be one year instead of two. History has shown time and time again that Daniel had trouble scoring with no Hank.
2. This is the time of year where we, Canucks fans, get suck into loving our players. This is the time of year that players who haven’t done much all year, suddenly rise from the ashes and put up some points. This is the time of year that leads to us over valuing our own players after they have suck for most of the year. We have a list of RFA’s to deal with this summer. (Pouliot, Stetcher, Jake, Granlund, Baertschi and Boucher) Out of this group, Jake and Stetcher have the greatest chance of turning it on and padding their stats when those numbers don’t really mean much. None of these guys really did much to warrant a major increase in their next salary, so I hope they don’t get paid on the premise of potential.
3. Ben Hutton….your goofy smile is loved throughout the land. It has to go.
Hutton has one primary point this year. Read that again. The defenseman that was supposed to the next generation of puck carrying, offense generating defensemen, has one primary point. Erik “Molasses” Guds has triple the amount. Oh, and Ben’s defense hasn’t been very good either.
4. It just over 3 months until the draft. The hockey gods will not give the first pick, and in fact I believe the Canucks are destined to receive anywhere from the 4th to the 6th pick. Looking at the prospect pool, I only see two logical choices. One has the last name Tkachuk and the other one is going to Harvard and is named Wahlstrom. Wahlstrom has good size at 6’1 and 205 lbs. He isn’t the #1 center we all crave, but he has the potential to be a great winger. Don’t be surprised to hear his name called as Benning has no issue with kids going to college for a couple years to mature.
5. How about this lineup for the 2018-19 version of the Canucks?