The new NHL season is underway, and we need some help covering the Canucks. Nucks Misconduct is hiring a new site manager.
If you’re reading this, it’s safe to assume that you love the Canucks and the community we’ve built here at Nucks Misconduct. If you’ve got thoughts on the Nucks that you’d like to share with the world, this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
This is a contractor position that pays a monthly stipend. Some daytime availability is preferred. If your background and experience don’t perfectly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Make sure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Manage the site’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and help them continue to grow.
- Recruit, train and manage a staff of contributors that cover Canucks news on the site.
- Maintain regular communication with SB Nation management regarding site goals, traffic, and progress.
- Moderate and maintain a vibrant, welcoming site community.
What qualifications should you have?
Our ideal site manager candidates will:
- Have a passion for the Canucks and news.
- Already enjoy reading, commenting, and participating in the Nucks Misconduct community.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be self-starters and comfortable working in a remote environment.
How do you apply?
If you have questions about this role, Nucks Misconduct, or SB Nation in general, reach out to Jeanna Thomas, talent manager for team brands, at firstname.lastname@example.org.