UTICA COMETS VS TORONTO MARLIES
4 PM EST- RICOH COLISEUM, TORONTO, ON
Like the parent squad, the Utica Comets get their season underway Saturday, kicking things off with a pair of games in Toronto against the Marlies. You’ll note the early start time, as they’re making sure they don’t go head to head against the Leafs. This also keeps me from being able to get to Toronto in time for the games, so thank for that, Marlies...
While the team hasn`t come out and said it, smart money is on Dahlen not being ready to go as he recovers from his bout with mono. Relax, folks. It`s way too early to get worked up about stuff like this.
After a strong finish to the season last year, Thatcher Demko should get the start over the veteran Richard Bachman. The Canucks are taking their time developing their prized goaltending possession, and you can expect Demko to get more starts this season as they gear him up towards eventually garnering a spot in Vancouver.
With Darren Archibald falling just short of cracking the Canucks lineup, a disappointment to those who enjoyed the effort he brought to camp this season, the Comets get their leading scorer back, and his strong play for the Canucks can`t be anything but a positive boost for him and the team.
Here`s some reading to get you up to speed for this afternoon`s game:
- Trent Cull spoke with TSN1040 about the goals for the Comets
- Rookie Jalen Chatfield on what he learned at camp with the Canucks
- The first edition of Comets Faceoff is up, and features a chat with Carter Bancks as hosts Andy Zilch and Lucas Frankel preview the season
- Jacob Markstrom spoke with Iain MacIntyre about taking on the starting role this season, and how playing in Utica prepared him for this.
- Ben Birnell of the Utica Observer-Dispatch with a great breakdown on the lineup juggling that the Comets will have to do in order to be complient with the AHL`s veterans rules.