Hockey is back people. Yesterday saw Finland topple Sweden in one of the WCoH warm-up games, and saw Loui Eriksson getting his funk on while Markstrom was keeping pucks out at the other end. It feels so good to be back!
Plenty of hockey news out there on the ol' interweb. Here is a nice selection of it for you:
- Manny Malhotra is back. I have yet more confidence in Linden and Benning now. [Province]
- Reviews of those WCoH warm-up games can be found here. Just don't read the bit about Sbisa being in the box for a goal, and the Team Europe D looking flat-footed...[CBC]
- John Tortorella simply cannot help himself. He's like my step father, only happy when he's making others unhappy. JT Brown is bang on. [Sporting News]
- More from JT Brown here. I really like the guy; plays a hard game, chips in with scoring, speaks his mind but does so eloquently. Any chance the Nucks could acquire him? [CBS]
- Speaking of Preds, Paul Gaustad retired. I thought he had 2-3 years left in him. Good luck to him though. [Tennessean]
- Latest PTOs: Adam Pardy (Florida), Justin Fontaine (Minnesota), Eric Nystrom (St Louis), Yan Stastny (St Louis) and Zach Boychuk (Arizona). Remember when the Canucks traded for Stastny? [The Score]
- Patrick Roy is looking forward to a winter without hockey. I am sure that hockey is looking forward to it far more than he is. [CBS]
- How the mighty tree-trunks fall: Brian McGrattan has signed in England with the Nottingham , replacing Cam Janssen as their resident enforcer. [Nottingham Post]
Question for the day: Which former Canucks enforcer would you bring back to the 4th line, if they were in their prime?