I said this last night, and I think you could apply this to all of the California teams:
Let's look at the bright side, people: No team that can't beat the Canucks at home has any business winning the Cup.— Kent Basky (@KentGBasky) April 1, 2016
The Canucks, in a season of absolute despair and disaster, are somehow 4-1-2 in California heading into this game. It makes no sense at all, and of course it doesn't because that's how the Canucks roll. They laugh in the face of logic. What else could explain Matt Bartkowski playing as many games as he has this season, injuries or not. He was atrocious last night. His 'play' on the 2nd San Jose goal was as bad a defensive lapse as we've seen all season in Vancouver, and that's saying something. And yet, Andrey Pedan will likely sit in the press box over Beth's kid.
It's not gonna be easy. Anaheim is geared up for the post season, and the Canucks will have to do this without Sven Baertschi, who left with a lower body injury and did not return. Jacob Markstrom will start in goal for the Canucks, The Ducks will be missing Richard Rakell, Kevin Bieksa, David Perron, Simon Despres, and Josh Manson.
FRESH HOT LINKS
- PHT`s Mike Halford on TSN1040 talking about some perspective when looking at the season Bo Horvat`s put together
- ICYMI last night, they had a great piece on Chris Tanev`s road to the NHL
- Last night's Provies covers a lot of ground, including PJ Stock calling Virtanen's hit worse than this:
GAME DAY BATTLE HYMN
New Death Angel? Gimme. 'The Moth' is the first track released from the upcoming album 'The Evil Divide', which hits stores May 27th on Nuclear Blast Records.
- Canucks snap losing streak, beating the Sharks 4-2.
- Game Day Coffee- Mar 31/16- Canucks @ San Jose- Helpless In The Water
- Virtanen Gets 2-Game Suspension For Late Hit = BS
- Canucks Drop 9th Straight: SJS 4 @ Canucks 1
- A "Respect, Friend" Game Recap ( 3-2 L )