Oh yay, another game against San Jose. The Canucks losing streak can hit double digits tonight, and they'll be aided in this quest by not having Jake Virtanen in the lineup for the next two games, suspended for his blindside hit on Roman Polak of the Sharks. It speaks volumes that we can't even get outraged over this, with the way things have gone this year for the Canucks, but that's not a suspendable hit compared to some of the stuff the league's let go this year already.
Brayden McNabb elbows Henrik Sedin in the head in the first minute in the game. Absolute scum. pic.twitter.com/DPcNjZ0ecg— CanucksArmy (@CanucksArmy) December 29, 2015
It was 1997 the last time the Canucks hit the 10 game mark in a losing skid, and while they'll be trying to avoid tying this dubious distinction tonight, is there anyone out there who thinks this team can win another game this season? Is there anything they show on the ice right now that suggests that barring a total collapse from their opponent, that they could come out on top? I certainly don't see it. And it's not so bad. The Canucks history is one full of failure, disappointment and lackluster results. All of that can change if the team wins the draft lottery. From their inception this team has been cursed, losing the spin of a wheel that awarded the 1st overall pick in 1970 to their expansion cousins in Buffalo. Imagine what could have been had the Canucks started their NHL journey with Gilbert Perrault instead of Dale Tallon as their 1st pick?
FRESH HOT LINKS
- The pregamer from our pals over at Fear The Fin
- Last game's Provies including, ICYMI, a breakdown of Weaselgate
- Just how much have the injuries hampered the Canucks this season?
- Boeser could lead UND to NCAA glory
- In spite of the optimism from the team, there's a long road ahead
GAME DAY BATTLE HYMN
A little MUNICIPAL WASTE for you today...
- Virtanen Gets 2-Game Suspension For Late Hit = BS
- Canucks Drop 9th Straight: SJS 4 @ Canucks 1
- A "Respect, Friend" Game Recap ( 3-2 L )
- GAME DAY COFFEE- Mar 27/16- Canucks vs Chicago- Our Fall Is Their Rise
- Sedins + GoPro = Magic