It is, for the long suffering fans of this team, a new and pathetic banner to hang. A franchise record goalless drought, the Canucks unable to score against good opponents and bad, that is ongoing as they prepare to meet Nashville tonight. And of course, with a team that's struggling to score so mightily, every bit of good news is tempered with bad. While it's definitely a good thing that Jannik Hansen should return to the lineup tonight, the Canucks could be without both Sven Baertschi and Daniel Sedin. Need a goal? Let's take your best player of the last month and your top scorer out of the mix, MUWAHAHAHA! Fortunately it looks like Daniel is on the ice this morning, so that's a good sign.
As important as it is that the Canucks try something, anything to get out of this goalless funk, there's got to be some type of a change in their own zone. Ryan Miller and Jacob Markstrom have been downright heroic over the last few games, especially the last 2, where they faced a combined 99 shots. I don't care if they win tonight, but by god there better be an effort there, because there certainly hasn't over the last couple weeks.
FRESH HOT LINKS
- The preview from our pals at On The Forecheck is up, go check it out...
- Van City Buzz with some historical context
- The Canucks screwing up something marketing-wise? You don't say...
- The problem with a rebuild is there is no quick fix
- Just how well does Bo Horvat stack up in his role?
GAME DAY BATTLE HYMN
A real rager from FOG OF WAR based on the legendary 'They Live', starring the one, the only Rowdy Roddy Piper. RIP.
- Canucks shut out for the third time in a row, 2-0 by the Jets
- Sick Day Coughing- Mar 22/16- Canucks @ Winnipeg- Mailing It In
- Anton Rodin Deal Close As Vrbata, Edler and Sutter Get Shut Down
- Lazy Sunday Links: Countdown to April 30 Edition
- A "Hate to Lose" Game Recap ( 3-0 L )