You're getting a double dose of the YC today folks. Last night's loss gave Kent a fever. I'm willing to bet he ain't the only one either.
Like a wedge of lime after a Tequila shot, the Canucks get a chance to wipe the bad taste out of their mouth from the loss in Edmonton by focusing on the Blues tonight. Big news heading into the game is with Vrbata taking a shot off the shin it's time to dip into the bag of tricks and pull out...THE ABS.
Desjardins says Chris Higgins has been excellent with the players in Utica. He's a great pro & they're happy to have him back in Vancouver.— Vancouver Canucks (@VanCanucks) March 19, 2016
In addition, because this is Vancouver we're talking about, Chris Tanev, Alex Biega & Yannick Weber are all questionable. Can you play defense by chance? Give Willie a call, crazier things have happened.
Vancouver is incredibly 5-2-1 on the back half of back-to-backs this season. Standing in their way is one of the best teams in the Central who have are well rested and have a shot to end the evening at the top of their division with a win. Vladimir Tarasenko leads the way for St. Louis with 33-29-62 on the season. They also get their goalie back which is good news since Jake Allen has recently been showing the strains of heavy minutes. The Blues have been uncharacteristically undisciplined on their two game losing streak and their normally strong PK has paid the price. But after coughing up losses to the other bad Canadian teams in the Pacific, they'll be looking to end their time north of the border on a positive note.
Gunnarsson in, Bortuzzo out.— Jeremy Rutherford (@jprutherford) March 19, 2016
Home hasn't been kind to Vancouver and they're fighting another uphill battle after a week of being kicked around by the bad teams. Think happy thoughts so this won't ugly.
FRESH HOT LINKS
- The Provies are always fun. Go take a gander at why Higgins needs to be freed (check) and why Tryamkin ain't overrated at all.
- Willes on Team Tank in motion.
- A Cam Talbot appreciation thread is indeed a thing that has happened.
- The Hockey Writers with a bit more on Tryamkin's arrival.
- Say hello to a face (Matt Beleskyy) that took a high stick.
- For those who don't think Thomas Vanek is worth his paycheck
- That sudden pain in your side? That's TSN kicking you while you're down.
- Take a guess who has the lowest GAA and S% of active NHL goalies (minimum 200 games played). Sorry!
GAME DAY BATTLE HYMN
Oh, I get to pick the song! I don't have the metal catalog that Kent meticulously maintains, but I can counter with some old punk if you'd be so kind to oblige.
I think this accurately sums up the final few weeks of Vancouver Canucks hockey for this season. Sorry I'm bad at the whole optimistic thing.
(For those BR fans out there, crazy how young they sound isn't it?)