Three Stanley Cup Finals appearances. Two all-time legendary players still donning the orca. Another legendary player serving as President. One of the most exciting young forwards in the NHL developing nicely in our middle six. The prospect of playoffs this season if management achieves its stated ambitions. What’s not to love about our Vancouver Canucks?
While you ponder that, I’ll dive into the news from around the league:
- Good news - Loui Eriksson believes he can turn his season around. Just what this team needs! [Canucks Army]
- He was my first Canucks man-crush, until JovoCop had a stats increase on NHL 2002. Tonight sees Matthias Ohlund inducted into the Canucks’ Ring of Honour. The premise of which I may or may not agree with. [NHL]
- Nice words from a former Canucks (temporary) great:
“Mattias Ohlund = total package. Him and Nicklas Lidstrom were players upcoming Swedish defencemen tried to play like.” - Mats Sundin pic.twitter.com/69vsRSyZZ6— Vancouver Canucks (@Canucks) December 16, 2016
- Jaromir Jagr is on the verge of pushing a former Canucks player into 3rd place in all-time scoring. I’ll let you decide if that’s good or bad. But I’ll give you a clue: it rhymes with "absolutely flipping hood". [NHL]
These gorgeous locks now sit just three points back of second place all-time. pic.twitter.com/fQ0d4Mrb30— NHL (@NHL) December 16, 2016
- You tell ‘em, AV:
Vigneault said the league "better do something" about Eakin's hit on Lundqvist. Said it's exactly what they want to take out of game. #NYR— Brett Cyrgalis (@BrettCyrgalis) December 16, 2016
- He waited a season too long to say this. Poor Frankie. [Sportsnet]
- At least Colorado can’t win, right?
- Sounds good to me:
- When Sir Bob of McKenzie speaks, you have to listen:
- Revenge is sweet. [NHL]
- Lastly: how sinister does Alex Burrows look here?
Question of the day: What do you love most about this team?