Another win under our belts, another cracking recap here at Nucks Misconduct. Read up on our exciting 5-4 win over the Wild last night: [NM Game Recap]
Amongst several other interesting stories around the league, I’ll be looking at our team’s scoring today. Some numbers may surprise you. Like this fact:
- In days gone by, we would have a hot/cold list in game previews; right now, we would have quite a few players on the hot list! Loui Eriksson (4 goals in last 5), Alex Burrows (5pts in last 5), Troy Stecher (playing like a demigod), Ben Hutton (4pts in last 6), Bo Horvat (7pts in last 5) and Sven Baertschi (5pts in last 3) are all contributing, all looking good. That line of Sven-Bo-Burr looks unstoppable and may see Markus Granlund relegated to expansion draft fodder. [Canucks scoring stats]
- On that same link, you’ll see face-off %s: Henrik has gone 50.29%, Horvat 51.17%, Sutter 53.62% and Chaput 54.55%. Only Granlund, at a pathetic 40.85%, is losing draws. One of the earliest memories of watching hockey I have is a commentator in about ‘98 saying ‘if you win draws, you’re going to win more games than you lose’. The game may have changed, but winning the draw is so important even today. It’s good to see us starting well. Only 61 players are above 50%, and we have three of them (plus Chaput, when he’s taken enough to meet the criteria).
- In another link-less comment, we scored two PP goals in the same game last night. I’ll just leave it there.
- It is REALLY dangerous to label this team ‘surging’, as IMac has done. Maybe he’s going for the whole reverse-psychology thing, to secure us a top 3 pick. [Province]
- We should post this image in every game thread for the rest of the season:
BREAKING: LASTNAME named new #Canucks captain and is immediately signed to a 8-year extension worth $56m because he's a foundational piece.— Grady Sas (@GradySas) November 30, 2016
- I’m calling Kent out on this. It goes against the well-constructed narrative of all Canucks fans. How dare you!
It's actually gotten to the point where I think Sbisa is actually playing better than Gudbranson...— Kent Basky (@KentGBasky) November 30, 2016
- Always entertaining. Actually, he’s rarely entertaining, I just like watching his stache move:
Willie Desjardins speaks following the Canucks big 5-4 victory over the Minnesota Wild to start their three-game homestand. pic.twitter.com/GcCrDwyKkT— Vancouver Canucks (@Canucks) November 30, 2016
- Tom Rowe lost on his Florida Panthers coaching debut. Karma. [NHL]
- There were one or two commenters around these parts who wanted the Canucks to sign Sam Gagner as a free agent. Columbus did, and he’s on course for a career year. Whoever it was that suggested it, you can have one free pat on the back from westy. [The Score]
- The Coyotes are stark, raving mad if they consider trading Anthony Duclair. I’d have him in a heartbeat. [TSN]
- More injury woe: John-Michael Liles has a concussion after his awful crash into the boards the other day. [Bruins]
- I told you he was scum. Here is video evidence:
- Shock of the season: a player regrets being traded to the Leafs. Maybe next time don’t waive your NTC? [The Athletic]
Question of the day: When Edler and Tanev are fully healthy, how do you pair off our D? Does Edler even make the team?