Nothing more to be said about last night’s game, other than repeating something I found in the post-game thread. Let’s jump right in:
- By my calculations, it had been 75 games since the Canucks had 42 shots in a game. That game was on 14 November 2015, a game we lost 4-2 to the Maple Leafs having had 45 shots. [NHL]
- Our run of shots since that game have been, in reverse chronological order: 42, 25, 26, 22, 19, 25, 20, 26, 31, 31, 28, 27, 27, 24, 28, 26, 24, 28, 15, 25, 28, 19, 40, 29, 28, 28, 31, 22, 26, 30, 33, 24, 36, 29, 28, 21, 26, 19, 26, 28, 35, 38, 29, 32, 27, 20, 26, 22, 30, 30, 23, 21, 37, 25, 27, 24, 19, 34, 40, 36, 31, 30, 25, 31, 17, 16, 16, 25, 36, 28, 38, 20, 30, 26, 45.
- In that 75 games, look at the number of 35+ shot games. Only 10. That is monumentally low. And if there is a single thing that the coaching staff need to do, it’s to work out how to shoot the puck more. You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take, after all.
- Make sure there are no sharp tools near you when you watch this.
- Grab the tissues for this one. Not because Hank’s words are sad, but because Loui looks like a 70s porn star, and has a body to die for. Or so I expect the ladies to say. I’m struggling to end this link. Loui!
Captain Henrik Sedin talks to reporters about a frustrating 3-0 loss Wednesday night at the Bell Centre against the Canadiens. pic.twitter.com/0YIfOfOnxh— Vancouver Canucks (@Canucks) November 3, 2016
- This pass was astonishing.
- You absolutely have to look at this post by Bailey. It will make you want to tough out the next three years. [Nucks Misconduct]
- Tell us something we don’t know Sean :(
The Canucks have hit a real low.— Sean Tierney (@SeanTierneyTss) November 3, 2016
Dorsett and Burrows are the dullest regular players in the league right now. pic.twitter.com/4ftR2GCgi5
- In other news: the Canucks sent Troy Stecher down yesterday. We all haz a sad. [Nucks Misconduct]
- Mike Condon was claimed off waivers by the Pens a few weeks ago. Yesterday they turned him into a 5th round pick, courtesy of the Senators. Nice job. [NHL]
- I pegged him as the best D in the draft, he fell, teams whiffed, Arizona picks up a stud:
There won't be a big announcement from the Coyotes but D Jakob Chychrun is going to stay past the 9-game trial for junior-eligible players.— Craig Morgan (@craigsmorgan) November 2, 2016
- I said this a few weeks ago: Jake Oettinger is Demko 2.0. If we can pick him up at the draft, we have ourselves a future goalie crisis. [NHL]
- Ryan Kesler secured his 500th career point. Just saying. [Sportsnet]
Question of the day: Why don’t the Canucks shoot the puck more, and how can we get them shooting more?