So...no links yesterday. Was I bummed about the Nucks game? Yes I was. But that wasn’t the reason for the lack of links. It was simply work, work, work.
However, today is a new day - and what does the NHL bring us? Lots of exciting news! Let’s take a look...
- For all the panic, let’s remember this: we remain second in the Pacific. In the playoff spots. I’d have taken that after 7 games, that’s for sure. [NHL standings]
- Three Canucks questions. Mine would be 1) Can we please play hockey from the first minute, not the 41st; 2) Can we buy Loui some Sedinery DVDs, so he remembers what to look for; and 3) Can we please try a new 3rd pairing? [Province]
- Okay, even more questions. I like these ones from the Provies more. [Province]
- Scores last night: Montreal 3-2 NY Islanders, Boston 2-5 NY Rangers, Washington 1-4 Edmonton, Nashville 1-6 Anaheim. That’s right, the Habs, Rags, Oilers and Ducks won. Boo! [NHL scores]
- Connor McDavid leads the league in points. Auston Matthews leads the league in goals. Cam Talbot leads the league in wins. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. [NHL scoring leaders]
- Corey Perry now only sits behind Teemu Selanne and current team-mate Ryan Getzlaf in franchise scoring. He’s okay, but he’s no Daniel Sedin.
MILESTONE: With his power-play goal, Corey Perry (670) surpassed Paul Kariya for third on the club's all-time points list. pic.twitter.com/9izCiPKdrR— Anaheim Ducks (@AnaheimDucks) October 27, 2016
- Turns out Pavel Zacha is pretty good too, according to Taylor Hall. [NJ.com]
- Jay Bouwmeester will be playing his 1,000th game next week. One of the league’s great Iron Men, I’ve never liked him, but can admire his game and you can easily see him racking up 1,500 by the time he retires. [NHL]
- As someone who owns Hampus Lindholm in more than one fantasy league, this story enrages me. JUST SIGN ALREADY! [The Score]
- And finally, in what I will from this point on call ‘Weber Watch’ - Shea Weber has 3-6-9 in 7 games, with a +12. The reason I am doing this is because of the thousands, nay millions, of stupid Habs fans who didn’t realize they were getting the behemoth in return for the mouth. Shea Weber is awesome. [NHL player page]
Question of the day: How the hell do we resolve this Nikita Tryamkin issue?