I'm already not liking these days off. After such a long summer, and 6 games in 9 days, I want more Canucks hockey and I want it now! Looking back at the Ducks game, we were tired after a compacted schedule, so perhaps a small break isn't a bad thing. Tonight's game will be game 7 in 11 days - don't be surprised if we're lacking some zip.
Injuries have crept in already this season and so we at least have something to talk about today. Let's see what's happening around the league:
- In light of injuries to Derek Dorsett (no loss), Alex Burrows (even less of a loss), and Chris Tanev (big loss), the Canucks recalled Jayson Megna and Troy Stecher yesterday. Watcha gonna do, Guy Boucher, when StecherMania runs wild on you? [Canucks]
- Yabba Dabba Doo!
- You guys need to wade in on this one. Calling Nylander a better pick than Virtanen, when they have two completely different playing styles, development paths, line usage, quality of linemates, quality of coaching, and hair cuts, is just stupid:
Had Nylander played 8 minutes per night with Cracknell and Prust for 55 games last year, I'm not sure if we'd say he's better today. https://t.co/31Ly3TwBF6— Janik Beichler (@JanikBeichler) 24 October 2016
- Brock Boeser is destroying the NCAA. This is the second time in three weeks to open the season:
- Rodrigo Abols has a new home:
Acadie-Bathurst Titan will soon sign 20-year-old Latvian forward Rodrigo Abols. He spent last season in the WHL scoring 20 goals.— Shawn Long (@SportsguyLong) 24 October 2016
- Montreal beat Philly 3-1 last night. Shea Weber scored. They're top of the standings and Weber has 2-5-7 in 6 games with a +10. I TOLD YOU HE WAS BETTER THAN SUBBAN. [NHL]
- Your NHL Stars of the Week:
- With the demise of General Fanager, CapFriendly has become the go-to site for pretend GM-img. They've just announced their expansion draft tool:
- And finally - enjoy this amazing stat:
Question of the day: Who would you pair Stecher with tonight?