Yesterday was a busy day in the NHL - let's skip the small talk and jump straight in:
- Is the roster for the coming season set? To my mind, the only decision is which of Etem / Skille / Ruutu is kept. [Province]
- A neutral piece looking at the Canucks' stance on the season. You have to admit, management has drilled 'playoffs, playoffs, playoffs' really well into this team. [Hamilton Spectator]
- Jamie McLennan thinks the Nucks are in the 8-12 zone in the West. Hey, that means a wildcard spot, right? 
AROUND THE NHL
- Johnny Gaudreau signed his Flames contract at last. 6 years, $6.75m AAV. Great deal for the Flames.
Go Johnny, go go pic.twitter.com/WezMtPkWzP— Calgary Flames (@NHLFlames) 11 October 2016
- In really sad news, Sidney Crosby has another concussion. Although supposedly mild, it's a disaster for the best player in the game. I'm sure we all wish him a full recovery. [Penguins]
- A lot of players were on waivers yesterday:
Full list of players on NHL waivers today at noon: pic.twitter.com/LkmNVirXMY— James Mirtle (@mirtle) 10 October 2016
- Your toys are safe. But Christian Ehrhoff has taken his back to Germany:
BOS expressed some interest in signing PTO D Christian Ehrhoff to contract but knowing he's not in B's Top 6, Ehrhoff has opted to go home.— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) 10 October 2016
- LEAGUE BIAS ALERT: 16 'bold' predictions for the coming season. Only 3/4 are vaguely bold, and there is nothing about the Canucks on here. Surely a bold prediction would be saying 'the Nucks make the playoffs'? [NHL]
- LEAGUE LOVES US ALERT: Fantasy D who improved their stock in pre-season. Alex Edler tops the list, and why not? He looked like a future Norris winner to me. [NHL]
- Repeat offender Radko Gudas misses 6 games thanks to this stupid hit. Really glad I drafted him in the NM Yahoo draft...
Question of the day: Should Jim Benning claim any of those waiver wire players?