And here they are, your starting forwards for tonight's contest against the Nashville Predators:
With Sutter expected to be back in tonight; here’s how the Canucks skated on Monday: https://t.co/IYNuOYROEQ pic.twitter.com/A1RcftORxM— Daily Faceoff (@DailyFaceoff) January 26, 2016
A couple interesting things there: Jared McCann is the youngster sitting tonight, and Brandon Prust is out again, which certainly lends credence to some of the rumblings out of Vancouver media that the team is looking to
fire him into the sun deal or demote him to Utica. Maybe Montreal's ready to welcome him back with open arms and clear out a bag of sticks for Alex Edler to use?
It's also interesting that they're moving Sutter right to the 1st line to play with Daniel Sedin and Jannik Hansen, though to be fair the only other option would be Bo Horvat at this point, and you don't really want to break up that 2nd line with the way he, Sven Baertschi and Radim Vrbata are playing right now. It is a little odd that McCann is sitting, given how bloody awful Linden Vey was in the game against Pittsburgh, and Adam Cracknell's been the last few weeks in general. But hey, they have a plan, right?
FRESH HOT LINKS
- With Dan Hamhuis close to returning, it's time to deal with the fact this relationship needs to end for everyone's benefit
- Bob McKenzie was on TSN1040 this morning talking about Hamhuis Out of the press box and into the fire...
- Hamhuis on having his face broken
- As far as Hank goes, he won't practice til after the 'All-Star' break
- A lot of home games coming up, and pretty near all of them against Conference teams. This will make or break the season, folks.
- Canucks Army takes a look at that whole Horvat for Drouin thing...
- While I think anyone who wants to trade Hansen (barring an unrealistically amazing return) need to seek help, it is nice to see that #SayNoToLucic might have changed some minds
- Future Canuck Ryan Johansen on killing time in Tennessee
- That Barkov deal is pretty good for the Panthers, and Barkov too.
- Larry Brooks with a great piece onhow fighting needs to go, now.
- Unlike the Swiss Cheese-like duo of Sbisa and Weber, Nashville's Swiss duo of Roman Josi and Kevin Fiala look like the real deal
GAME DAY BATTLE HYMN
New Amon Amarth? Hell yeah! Sweden's viking metal kings have a new album coming soon, and will be hitting Vancouver with fellow Swedes ENTOMBED AD and US thrashers EXMORTUS on May 16th at the Commodore Ballroom.
- Brunchtime Links: Snatching Defeat from the Jaws of Victory
- A "Good Morning Sunshine" Game Recap ( 5-4 L )
- Way Too Damn Early For A Game Day Coffee- Jan 23/16- Canucks @ Pittsburgh
- Lunchtime Links: Happiness is a Win in Boston Edition
- The Competition Conundrum