clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

It's Only After We've Lost Everything That We're Free To Do Anything: Canucks @ Bruins

New, comments

Odds that no one mentions 2011? Zero percent. But look surprised anyway.

Don't worry, he's not playing tonight.
Don't worry, he's not playing tonight.
Anne-Marie Sorvin-USA TODAY Sports

The timing of this has to be some sort of joke. C'mon judge, check the schedule next time. We barely got around this from yesterday (aside: if you truly hate yourself scroll into the comments and then immediately take a shower) and now another punch?

Although, now that I linked to it, kudos to all involved for getting the 94%. Now get the remaining 6% and force them to watch game 7 over and over again while drinking rancid almond milk (aside: since almond milk isn't really milk, can it go bad? It must right?) until their eyes bleed.

Back to reality, the youth movement takes another step forward with the signing and immediate roster spot for Zalewski at the expense of Prust, but honestly, that's just a good hockey decision. Prust was brutal against the Rangers and he's probably not long for a team that's finally turning a page.

Can't expect much from Zalewski in his third NHL start tonight - besides the fact he won't be anchored to Jordan Schroeder (yup) or Tom Sestito (yup) as he was in his previous stint - but he's had a decent season with Utica subbing in for Vey on their top line and has decent speed to boot. So, in sum, he's younger, faster and cheaper than other options. Sounds familiar, no?

Human Guinea Pig Formations

Daniel Sedin - Jared McCann - Janik Hansen

Sven Baertschi - Bo Horvat - Radim Vrbata

Alexandre Burrows - Linden Vey - Emerson Etem

Derek Dorsett - Mike Zalewski - Jake Virtanen

Alexander Edler - Chris Tanev

Ben Hutton - Luca Sbisa

Matt Bartkowski - Alex Biega

Jacob Markstrom



Brad Marchand - Patrice Bergeron - Brett Connolly

Matt Beleskey - David Krejci - Loui Eriksson

I dunno, let's say Landon Ferraro if that's an actual real person Frank Vatrano - Ryan Spooner - Jimmy Hayes

Zac Rinaldo - Max Talbot - David Pastrnak

Zdeno Chara - Zach Trotman

Dennis Seidenberg - Colin Miller

Torey Krug - Kevan Miller

Tuukka Rask

Three questions that need anwers

1. Can Markstrom continue the streak of outstanding goaltending from both goalies on this road trip?

2. Virtanen slots back in and against a team with no love lost for Vancouver. Can he bring his physical play without crossing the line into Darcy Hordichuk land?

3. Can Vancouver just win the damn thing in sixty minutes like everyone else?

Fearless Predictions

Dorsett tries to fight the anthem singer, Jack Edwards invokes the Revolutionary War during an icing call, Marchand hops into the Vancouver bench and shows all the kids the ring, Sbisa misses a check and ends up in the Zamboni engine block, Bergeron wins every face off tonight and in both their games next season and Bartkowski scores the GWG because let's have some fun while we're here at the end of the world shall we?

GCG.