|Time||7:00 PM PST
|H2H Last 5
||4-0 Ducks Feb.27/15
|The Enemy||Anaheim Calling
||Scoring Leaders||H. Sedin: 15-45-60
|6-3-1||Last 10 Games
|0.97 (22)||5 on 5
|17.9 (19)||Power Play %
|85.6 (4)||Penalty Kill %
|47.7 (26)||Faceoff Winning %
||Winning % When Scoring First
- Two of the 3 losses to the Ducks this season have come in extra periods (1 OT, 1 shootout) so it's really like a 1-1-2 situation, which looks far more even on paper. Vancouver can dance with the Ducks.
- There is a very disturbing trend out there for the Canucks. Besides their shitty defence, I mean. Their record at home is 17-12-1, which is 23rd in the NHL. One behind Toronto. Good thing they are 4-1 in their last 5 at the Rog. Things are looking up?
- Hey, I have an even better bad stat for ya: The Canucks have not won a game against a Californian team on home ice this season. Yup, 5 losses.
- Canucks goalies have had to make 1742 saves this season. That's the most in the NHL:
I should stop with the negativity before Twitchy twitches out again. Oh wait:
- Canucks are 3-8 in their last 11 games following a win.
- Canucks are 3-8 in their last 11 Monday games.
- Canucks are 1-7 in their last 8 vs. Pacific.
- Ducks are 8-2 in their last 10 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Ducks are 1-4 in their last 5 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Ducks are 1-4 in their last 5 games playing on 2 days rest.
So there's a glimmer of hope here. If Eddie Lack stays as sharp as he has been, and the Canucks can cut down on quality scoring chances against a bit....hey ya never know. They gotta stop that losing skid against the Cali teams at home though. That's just messed up.
I really don't like the Ducks. I hate them. It's always entertaining watching these 2 teams play each other. You know there's gonna be some shenanigans. A poke here. A facewash there. Ducking and diving. Good times!
It appears that Nick Bonino, Chris Higgins and Yannik Weber will miss this one. Awww...it looked like Higgy was heating up. Bonino though...bah! Fuck that guy. (Kidding. Maybe). Weber was playing alright as well.
Brad Richardson and Chris Tanev were on the ice on Sunday so that's good news. Maybe Kennins draws backs ins.
My momma always told me: "Son, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." I'll take her advice. I didn't wanna talk about that dirty, diving traitorous bastard anyway.
The title of this preview post has been brought to you by Ugly Kid Joe: