|Time||6:30 PM PST
|H2H Last 5
||4-1 Canucks, Oct.23/14
|The Enemy||St. Louis Game Time||Scoring Leaders||H. Sedin: 12-44-56
The trade deadline is on Monday and TSN's footage starts at 5:00 AM. It's pretty quiet out there with Canucks rumors. Jim Benning likes his team and has said so. Does he still like Zack Kassian though? Is Kassian playing with the Sedins just the team upping his trade value, or was Kassian simply put there as a coaching shuffle to spark the team and it worked out well ever since? Benning has also said he isn't going to piss away prospects and picks as he continues to build the future of this team and stock the cupboard. This could be one of the quietest Canucks trade d-days in a long time.
A colossal fail against the basement Sabres has many scratching their heads as to what the hell happened with the boys that night. Bah! Teams aren't always sharp and lose to lousy teams occasionally. Happens to all of them. I would expect a solid effort against a tough test against the Blues tonight.
|6-4-0||Last 10 Games
||Goals For Last 3 Games
||Goals Against Last 3 Games
|0.97 (20)||5 on 5
|18.4 (15)||Power Play %
|86.0 (4)||Penalty Kill %
|47.6 (27)||Faceoff Winning %
||Winning % When Scoring First
So basically, don't let the Blues score first, ok guys?
TRENDS via Covers.com
- Blues are 4-0 in their last 4 road games.
- Blues are 6-0 in their last 6 vs. Pacific.
- Blues are 9-2 in their last 11 vs. Western Conference.
- Zany Line: Blues won 5 games by a score of 2-1 in February.
- Zany Line: Blues are 6-4 in the second game of back to backs this season
- Canucks are 7-1 in their last 8 games playing on 2 days rest.
- Canucks are 10-2 in their last 12 home games following a road trip of 7 or more days.
- Canucks are 9-2 in their last 11 after allowing 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Canucks are 3-8 in their last 11 vs. Western Conference.
- Canucks are 1-4 in their last 5 Sunday games. I blame Jesus.
CANUCKS Chris Tanev i not likely gonna be ready. Corrado might be good to go but even if he is, who comes out? Weber?
BLUES. No Shattenkirk for you.
Two excellent vids from Canucks.com lately. One is All Access on the team's last road trip:
Isn't Eddie Lack's mom sweet?
Also, a new King Of The Rink, this one about Daniel Sedin:
The last meeting between the Blues and Canucks:
The title of this post has been brought to you by a band far ahead of its time: Believer:
A man is standing outside in the "smoking zone" of an airport on a freezing cold January morning, smoking one last cigarette before his 16 hour, non-stop flight to Hong Kong for a business trip.
Another man walks up to him and says "do you have any idea how bad that is for you? Don't you know that the mortality rate of smokers is 3 times as high as non-smokers?"
The smoker looks at him and says "Ya, well my grandfather father lived to be 105."
The other man opens his eyes wide in astonishment. He asks in disbelief: "your grandfather really lived to be 105? And he was a smoker??"
The smoker blows the last puff in the guys face, "no, he just minded his own fucking business"