The Bruins beat Chicago 6-2 on Sunday night. They had lost 6 in a row prior to that, one of those games against our Canucks (we dominated them). Heads were gonna roll in Boston and still might. The blame game is ongoing. But was that victory over the Hawks a spark for a Bruins team that, to me, doesn't seem all that bad on paper? That was also a game they played without David Krejci, who will miss 4-6 weeks with a torn MCL. Bruins fans' reaction?
OK, so some of them feel that way. We don't really care about Boston problems. Hell, we just lost our #1 goalie for that same time frame. We have 8 regulars out!
|B. Richardson, C||Jan 17, 2015||IR||Lower-body injury|
|K. Bieksa, D||Jan 21, 2015||IR||Broken hand|
|F. Corrado, D||Feb 3, 2015||IR||Illness|
|N. Bonino, C||Feb 10, 2015||IR||Lower-body injury|
|A. Edler, D||Feb 15, 2015||IR||Upper-body injury|
|C. Tanev, D||Feb 16, 2015||IR||Upper-body injury|
|A. Burrows, RW||Feb 20, 2015||day-to-day||Lower-body injury|
|R. Miller, G||Feb 23, 2015||IR||Lower-body injury|
The Canucks are playing so well without so many of those vets that the vets may as well stay on the injured list.
|Time||4:00 PM PST
||TV||SNP, SNO, SN360, NESN
|Season Series||1-0 Canucks
||5-2 Canucks, Feb.13/15
|The Enemy||Stanley Cup Of Chowder||Scoring Leaders||H. Sedin: 12-42-54
|6-4-0||Last 10 Games
||Goals For Last 3 Games
||Goals Against Last 3 Games
|0.98 (21)||5 on 5
|18.5 (12)||Power Play %
|85.6 (5)||Penalty Kill %
|47.7 (28)||Faceoff Winning %
||Winning % When Scoring First
TRENDS (via covers.com)
- Canucks are 5-1 in their last 6 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Canucks are 5-2 in their last 7 overall.
- Canucks are 1-4 in their last 5 in the fourth game of a 4-in-6 situation.
- Canucks are 1-5 in their last 6 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Bruins are 5-0 in their last 5 home games following a road trip of 7 or more days.
- Bruins are 2-6 in their last 8 vs. Pacific.
- Bruins are 1-4 in their last 5 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Bruins are 1-4 in their last 5 games following a win.
- Bruins are 1-5 in their last 6 vs. Western Conference.
- Bruins are 1-6 in their last 7 overall.
PROJECTED LINES (via Dailyfaceoff.com)
This was a good time:
So was this:
The title of this preview has been brought to you by White Zombie:
Gimme that gimme that WOW!