Finally, the Canucks moved up a spot in the Western Conference standings (7th to 6th) with their most-excellent win over the Rangers Thursday night. They have won 4 of their last 5 games. The Devils have lost 4 of their last 5 games.
Multiple injuries to the Canucks have provided youngsters to step in and really light a fire under the team's ass. I say that, because after a huge emotional win over the Rangers, the Canucks play a lowly team like NJ and you can't take your foot off the pedal too much in the NHL without losing in a hurry. The Devils are not to be taken lightly, regardless of their situation.
MESSED UP STAT ALERT!!!!! Dating back to December 2, 2009, the Canucks have beaten the Devils 6 straight times. There's a stat for ya, John Shorthouse! The Canucks have outscored the Devils 18-7 during that streak. That kind of sounds like the Rangers' recent domination of the Canucks. Until now, of course. Suck it NYR!
|Time||4:00 PM PST
|Season Series||1-0 Canucks
||2-0 Canucks, Nov. 25/14
|The Enemy||In Lou We Trust||Scoring Leaders||H. Sedin: 12-38-50
|6-4-0||Last 10 Games
||Goals For Last 5 Games
||Goals Against Last 5 Games
|0.97 (22)||5 on 5
|18.0 (15)||Power Play %
|85.6 (4)||Penalty Kill %
|47.8 (26)||Faceoff Winning %
- Canucks are 4-0 in their last 4 Friday games.
- Canucks are 4-0 in their last 4 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Canucks are 11-1 in their last 12 vs. Metropolitan.
- Wait for it.....
- Canucks are 3-14 in their last 17 games playing on 0 days rest.
- Canucks are 1-6 in their last 7 after scoring 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Boom goes the dynamite! They suck at back to backs....CHECK THIS OUT: They are 8-1 in the first game of back to backs this season. That tells a story.
- Devils are 5-0 in their last 5 games playing on 2 days rest.
- Devils are 4-1 in their last 5 home games.
- Devils are 8-20 in their last 28 vs. Pacific.
- Devils are 4-10 in their last 14 games following a win.
- Devils are 8-24 in their last 32 Friday games. Huh, they hate Fridays. I hate Tuesdays.
From In Lou We Trust
Should The Devils Clean House?
Even after the firing of then-coach Peter DeBoer this past December, our New Jersey Devils have remained close to the bottom of the NHL standings. If they don't pick up assets at the trade deadline and/or manage to bungle their first rounder, should there be more people following DeBoer out the door?
From In Lou We Trust
Canucks. Eddie Lack starts.
Devils. Cory Schneider starts. The guy we traded for Bo Horvat. Remember? I fully expect to see a Tootoo vs Dorsett scrap tonight.
SCORE-PREDICTING WIZARDS UPDATE
Nathaniel Perlow: 19
Geordie Nuck: 12
Frank In Wa: 11
See the entire updated list here.
It's been almost 20 years since the Devils won their first Stanley Cup:
That was a lunch bucket team that mostly rolled 4 lines. Plus they had the beast Scott Stevens on D who would kill you if you had you head down coming over the blue line, right Kozlov?
A God once scored against the Devils back in 2012:
The title of this game preview post has been brought to you once again by the Beastie Boys: