Boooo. Hardly any time to celebrate Shawn Matthias' hatty in the slaughter of the Bruins. The Canucks hopped on a plane right after the game and headed for Calgary to face the not-so sucky anymore Flames. This will be the Canucks' 3rd game in 4 nights the Flames' 2nd game in 5 nights. Fatigue has to play a role for the Canucks after 2 spirited wins in a row. They have played 3 games in 4 nights 5 times this season and have a 3-2-0 record in those games. Not bad! The Canucks are rolling right now.
|Time||7:00 PM PST
|Season Series||2-1 Canucks
||1-0 Flames Jan.10/15
|The Enemy||Matchsticks And Gasoline||Scoring Leaders||D. Sedin: 13-33-46
|5-5-0||Last 10 Games
||Goals For Last 5 Games
||Goals Against Last 5 Games
|0.99 (20)||5 on 5
|17.8 (17)||Power Play %
|85.1 (5)||Penalty Kill %
|47.8 (26)||Faceoff Winning %
|11.0 (24)||Penalty Minutes / GP
- Canucks are 2-7 in their last 9 vs. Western Conference.
- Canucks are 1-4 in their last 5 games following a win.
- Canucks are 3-13 in their last 16 games playing on 0 days rest.
- Canucks are 2-10 in their last 12 after scoring 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Canucks are 0-4 in their last 4 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Canucks are 0-4 in their last 4 vs. Pacific.
- Flames are 4-0 in their last 4 Saturday games.
- Flames are 12-3 in their last 15 vs. Western Conference.
- Flames are 20-8 in their last 28 vs. Pacific.
- Flames are 9-4 in their last 13 overall.
- Flames are 1-4 in their last 5 when their opponent scores 5 goals or more in their previous game.
Those trends from Covers.com.
Dorsett-Matthias-Kassian (holy moly!)
Sedin-Sedin-Burrows (Burr here is the right thing to do)
Higgins-Vey-Vrbata (This line works just fine)
Kenins-Horvat-Hansen (Hells yes)
Edler-Tanev (Money, baby!)
Hamhuis-Sbisa (Hamhuis makes shitty defencemen better. He's doing it again)
Stanton-Clendening (Love it!)
Lack (Gotta be)
The last meeting, only 1 goal was scored:
John Tortorella said yesterday that he deserved to be fired, and that he regretted doing this:
I don't think he should have apologized at all! Check out what set him off:
Hartley's a weasel. And speaking of harts (sp), Happy Valentine's Day:
The title of this preview post has been brought to you by Bloodhound Gang: