Well, for an off night, the Canucks sure ramped up the drama last night. GM Jim Benning appeared on TSN 1040 with Scott Rintoul last night and when asked for a status report on Jacob Markstrom, Benning replied he would be re-evaluated in about 3 weeks, which was pretty shocking to find out the injury was this serious.
Benning confirming to me moments ago that Markstrom (hamstring pull) will be reevaluated in 3 weeks #canuckson1040— Scott Rintoul (@ScottRintoul) October 8, 2015
What a difference an hour makes, right? Anyway, on with the links!
HOT, FRESH CANUCKS LINKS
- Ah, the joys of the sudden call up...
- We're all wondering when Jake Virtanen's gonna get in the lineup
- Sure, Wednesday night was great, but let's not kid ourselves: the Canucks are rolling the dice right now
- Seriously, you're all a bunch of babies. Stop it.
- This is the best tweet from last night
AROUND THE LEAGUE
- Meanwhile, some other guy got his first NHL goal...
- Here's a great piece on the making of myths...
- Old Man Niemi did something pretty special last night
- The NHL had it's first 3 on 3 OT last night, and former Canuck Jason Garrison was the hero (and that's after a penalty shot save by Ben Bishop)
KICKASS METAL TUNE OF THE DAY
25 years ago today Testament unleashed 'Souls Of Black', and to celebrate here's 'Falling Fast'
- Morning Coffee: Thursday Oct 8/15
- 5-1 Canucks victory over the Flames
- Game Preview: Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Flames
- Game Day Morning Coffee: Welcome Back, Old Fr... Hey, Who Are You?
- Counterpoint: The Necessity Of Waiving Frankie Corrado