|Time||Saturday 7:00 PM PST
||3-2 Canucks Dec 20/14
Matchsticks and Gasoline
||Scoring Leaders||D. Sedin: 9-27-36
J. Hudler 13-25-38
||Goals For Per 60 (GF60)
||Goals Against Per 60 (GA60)
|19.7 (12)||Power Play %||18.1 (19)|
|87.7 (3)||Penalty Kill %||76.2 (27)|
|48.0 (24)||Faceoff Win %||47.1 (28)|
|10.4 (17)||PIM / GP||8.2 (4)|
|49.1 (21)||Corsi For %||47.1 (25)
|100.5 (12)||PDO||100.8 (10)|
I'll have a full wrap-up of the great time we had in the suite for you very soon, but for now, we're gonna look at the task at hand. The Canucks end their 5 game homestand tonight hosting the Calgary Flames, and they can end it on a winning note, if things go the way they have for what seems like eternity. I'm not saying that the Canucks own the Flames, but a very real possibility exists of a generation of fans who think it's a league rule that the Canucks get 2 points in every game against Calgary.
The thing is, if they can't get up for a game against their former goaltender, or respond to the fact that the fans cheered more for him than themselves, just how are they gonna show up for a game against these schlubs? And with a nasty 5 game road swing looming, have they already begun checking in at the airport?
One good thing, is that the Canucks will have Chris Higgins back in the lineup tonight, but the question on everyone's minds is: will we see Frankie Corrado get into a game finally? He's been up for a while, busting his hump in practice and taking the pregame skates. But when you look at the way the Canucks have been breaking down defensively of late, a shake up certainly couldn't hurt, and young Mr. Corrado may be just the thing the Canucks need to get their 10th straight win over the Flames. And with the Flames 6-5 losers to the Panthers last night (thanks, Lu!), they're gonna be tired as well. Maybe there's hope after all.
GAME DAY BATTLE HYMN
German thrashers CRIPPER are up here, with a downright ripper from their new release, entitled 'Hyena'. Check out the vocals of Britta Gortz here. This chick rips. Very cool and fresh sounding, while retaining that 90's thrash-vibe, with a little Pantera-esque groove thrown in for good measure.
Impromptu Drinking Games Rules
- 1 Drink: For every mention you see about poor Brian McGrattan, who won't likely play another NHL game. Don't drink to him, but to Andrew Alberts. who thanks to McGratten, won't likely play another NHL game.
- 1 Drink: And that means it's time to talk about the brawl.
- 2 Drinks: Hot takes somewhere in the neighbourhood of 'loss to Luongo = Canucks in trouble'
- 2 Drinks: If Frankie gets in...
- 3 Drinks: Are the Flames still for real? Someone on the panel will think so...
- 3 drinks: To get the image of fans doing the wave to Slayer out of my head. Seriously, people...