7:00 PM PST
4-2 Wild, March 10/13
H. Sedin: 7-19-26
|5-7-1||ROAD RECORD / HOME RECORD||7-4-3|
|2.48 (22)||GOALS PER GAVE AVERAGE||2.74 (13)|
|2.48 (9)||GOALS AGAINST PER GAME AVERAGE||2.67 (14)|
|0.92 (20)||5 ON 5 GF / GA||1.10 (10)|
|16.5 (20)||POWER PLAY %||13.6 (27)|
|86.4 (5)||PENALTY KILL %||81.0 (15)|
|52.8 (4)||FACEOFF WINS %||47.8 (23)|
|526 (27)||HITS||571 (20)|
|342 (27)||BLOCKED SHOTS||309 (29)|
|94 (3)||MINOR PENALTIES TAKEN||113 (21)|
Ryan Suter leads the Wild in assists (and points) and Zach Parise leads the team with 11 goals. I know they overpaid those 2 players, but they are delivering. Some project the Wild to fold like cheap cigars down the stretch like they did last season and I can almost assure you that they will not (barring a rash of freak injuries). That's why they went out and got those 2. It's good to see the Wild rise from the ashes like this. I like the state of Minnesota. I really appreciate their love for hockey and the outdoors. So when a Vancouver fan tweets (ugh) this kind of crud to a Minnesota Tribune writer:
1. It's Twitter Shitter for god's sakes, and apparently 5:30 in the morning.
2. More importantly, not many Canucks fans feel that way about Minny, especially not me. I just hate the rest of the United States, that's all. I mean, David Booth was pooped out in the USA. Enough said. Yes I am kidding about the hate, but not Booth. OK, about Booth too. Maybe.
This game could / should get ugly. There is no love between these 2 teams. If I recall correctly, I believe Alexandre Burrows slashed Cal Clutterbuck at the very end of the last game. Colonel Clusterfuck was ready to murder the Frenchman but kept his cool. Look for some of that kinda action in this one followed by a lot of bru-ha-ha.
As for the Canucks: Well I will say no more than I already did today. These guys have been all over the arsehole map since they played and beat Boston a year ago. In the meantime, Minnesota is on the up and up and claiming their Northwest Division throne.
Any Wild fans reading this nonsense? How is Dany Heatley a -11? Is his defensive play really as bad as his driving? See you in hell!
NOW HOW ABOUT THIS
Vancouver has beaten Minnesota 11 straight times at the Rog / GM Place. That's right: 11-0. The Wild have not won in Vancouver since January 31, 2009.
Dumbass - Dumbass - Burrows
Raymond - Ebbett - Hansen
Higgins - Schroeder - Pinizzotto
Dumbass - Dumbass - Dumbass
Dumbass - Dumbass
Dumbass - Dumbass
Tanev - Ballard!
FOR THE WILD:
Parise - Koivu - Coyle
Bouchard - Cullen - Red-Hot Setoguchi
Heatley - Brodziak - Clutterbuck. Nevermind, Wild fans now I know why Heatley is a -11. Brodziak is -11 too.
Rupp (awesome acquisition, btw) - (I'll have some) Konopka (sauce with that) - Mitchell
(Baby) Suter - (Come at me)Brodin
(What the) Falk - (I killed it) Gilbert (I killed it!)
(Like a) Spurgeon - Stoner (dude)
It's hard to hate the Wild. They have such cool names!
- Wild are 4-0 in their last 4 after scoring 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Wild are 5-2 in their last 7 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Wild are 17-8 in their last 25 when their opponent allows 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Wild are 4-10 in their last 14 Monday games.
- Wild are 10-29 in their last 39 road games.
- Canucks are 4-9 in their last 13 after allowing 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Canucks are 2-5 in their last 7 overall.
- Canucks are 2-5 in their last 7 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Canucks are 2-5 in their last 7 home games.
- Canucks are 0-4 in their last 4 games following a loss of 3 or more goals.
- Canucks suck.
- What Covers.com missed: The Canucks have only played 2 Monday games this season. They are 1-0-1.
SCORE-PREDICTING WIZARDS UPDATE
Only gmonk33 got a point last game for calling Zata to score the winner. The rest of us all had our tin foil hats on with visions of Millionaires dancing through our minds.
Twin Terror: 8
Bobby Canuck: 7
patrik e: 7
Meat Mayos: 4
Nathaniel Perlow: 2
Sean Zandberg: 2
Geordie Nuck: 1
Kent Basky: 1
Well well well, looky what happened at the end the Wolves game on Sunday:
Dany Heatley is in DA HOUSE:
I love America!
The title of this game preview post has been brought to you by Soundgarden: