7:00 PM PST
H. Sedin: 6-18-24
C. Wilson: 7-12-19
|5-7-2||ROAD RECORD / HOME RECORD||6-3-3|
|2.15 (30)||GOALS PER GAVE AVERAGE||2.60 (18)|
|2.15 (3)||GOALS AGAINST PER GAME AVERAGE||2.52 (10)|
|1.00 (15)||5 ON 5 GF / GA||1.15 (8)|
|18.1 (15)||POWER PLAY %||14.7 (25)|
|78.4 (24)||PENALTY KILL %||80.6 (15)|
|50.7 (13)||FACEOFF WINS %||48.4 (22)|
|508 (23)||HITS||536 (20)|
|401 (8)||BLOCKED SHOTS||289 (29)|
|99 (8)||MINOR PENALTIES TAKEN||106 (18)|
The Canucks are 2-3 in their last 5 games against Nashville at Rogers Arena. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
The Sedins have not scored a point against Nashville in their last 2 meetings. The Canucks have only scored 2 goals against them in those 2 games. Guess who has scored both goals:
One year and one day apart. How about them apples?
It was an ugly win last game over Columbus. Yes, a win is a win but the lack of goal scoring is still a big issue. The count now is 8 goals scored in their last 5 games. That inefficiency is not going to make this team successful in the immediate future. The power play remains a massive fail, even though Jason Garrison's goal last game came seconds after a PP had ended.
It all has to come together sometime. Just a matter of when, and if it is even remotely possible against a stingy team like Nashville. With Luongod, all things are possible. Maybe playing 4 in a row at home may spark something as well.
YOU MADE MY SHITLIST
Alexandre Burrows: no goals and 3 assists in his last 6 games.
David Booth: no goals and 2 assists in his first 10 games.
Alexander Edler: ZERO points in his last 9 games.
Zack Kassian: 1 assist in his last 13 games.
Maxim Lapierre: 1 assist in his last 14 games.
Dale Weise: the Dutch King is dead!
I LOVE YOU, MAN
Atta boy, JayGay!
Awwwww...should that goal have been disallowed? How about STFU because the shootout is damned stupid anyway. Sweet move, MayRay, and way to roof it for good measure!
And of course, Mr. Luongo gets love.
Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Ebbett - Raymond - Hansen
Booth - Higgins - Kassian
Sestito - Lapierre - Weise
Hamhuis - Bieksa (probable)
Edler - Tanev
Garrison - ???? I'll guess Alberts
Kostitsyn - Fisher - Erat
Spaling - Smith - Halischuk
Bourque - Legwand - Butler
Clune - Gaustad - Yip-Yip-Yip...UH HUH
Josi - Weber
Bartley - Klein
Hannan - Ellis
A bunch of punk asses that keep on getting the job done. Well done, coach with a gigantic head!
ON THE PREDS FRONT
Meet Richard Clune, Recovering Alcoholic. (On The Forecheck). That's encouraging stuff. Congrats, Mr. Clune.
- Predators are 4-1 in their last 5 Thursday games.
- Predators are 7-3 in their last 10 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Predators are 1-4 in their last 5 vs. Northwest.
- Predators are 1-4 in their last 5 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Predators are 1-5 in their last 6 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Predators are 1-6 in their last 7 road games.
- Predators are 0-4 in their last 4 games following a win.
- Canucks are 7-2 in their last 9 Thursday games.
- Canucks are 2-5 in their last 7 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Canucks are 2-5 in their last 7 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Canucks are 1-4 in their last 5 home games.
- 67% of the pros at Covers.com pick the Canucks to win this one.
SCORE-PREDICTING WIZARDS UPDATE
acg515, raincity and andrew21nz pick up points after the Canucks' 2-1 win in Columbus.
Twin Terror: 8
patrik e: 7
Bobby Canuck: 6
Meat Mayos: 4
Nathaniel Perlow: 2
Sean Zandberg: 2
Geordie Nuck: 1
Kent Basky: 1
The title of this game preview post has been brought to you by R.E.M.:
Why the depressing vid after a win? Because I am not convinced the Canucks are out of the shitty mess quite yet.