After 3 days off that seemed more like an eternity, the Canucks are back at it tonight against the Oilers. I want to believe they're not looking ahead to tomorrow night's game against the Bruins...
It really is a horrible schedule this month for the Canucks, as they prepare to start their 3rd back to back set in just 2 weeks tonight against the Edmonton Oilers. I would imagine you'll see Eddie Lack start tonight with Roberto Luongo getting the nod against the Boston Bruins on Saturday night. The Canucks are still battling to solidify their place in the Pacific Division standings, and aren't getting much help in that process, so they really can't afford to take a night off, even against a team like the Oilers.
If there's one thing that can work to their advantage it's that the Oilers are coming off their own tilt against said Bruins, so this well-rested Canucks squad would be smart to come out firing tonight. Another key to success tonight would be finding a way to get the Sedins rolling. They've done very well against the Oilers over the years, but have been struggling since losing linemate Alexandre Burrows to a broken jaw. Fortunately their struggles haven't affected the team's fortunes so much, as a win tonight would be their 6th in a row (and 1400th in franchise history).
Ready for some morning links? Here we go...
- Botch on the Sedins not being able to find someone who clicks like Burrows
- While everyone was talking about the Canucks ugly sweaters at the Dice and Ice event, the real story was Torts: Not a Sarah McLachlan fan. I imagine him listening to a lot of Motorhead, myself...
- Neate Segar on Canucks prospect Brendan Gaunce adjusting to life since being traded to the Erie Otters in the OHL
Around The League
- Cam Cole on the not at all surprising ousting of Jay Feaster in Calgary, and Brian Burke's plans to make them marginally better than the Oilers
- Puck Daddy looks at whether winning the Presidents' Trophy is more of a detriment thanks to the new playoff system
- Is Montreal's Alexei Emelin next on the Shanaban docket for elbowing Steve Downey in the head?
- Meanwhile, Brayden Schenn got dinged for acting out what nearly everyone thinks when they come across Kris Versteeg
KICKASS METAL TUNE OF THE DAY
Another Christmas tune for you, this time it's Lemmy from Motorhead doing up Chuck Berry's 'Run Rudolph Run'