|Time||Fri. 7:00 PM PST
|Season Series||2011-12: 2-1-1 Canucks
||2-1 Hawks Mar. 21/12
|The Enemy||Second City Hockey||Scoring Leaders||D. Sedin: 2-4-6
||< Road Record / Home Record >
||Goals Per Game Average
||Goals Against Per Game Average
||5 On 5 GF/GA||1.25 (9)
||Power Play %
||Penalty Kill %
||Faceoffs %||47.2 (25)
||PIM's Per Game Average
We love games against Chicago don't we? Alex Burrows may have circled the game against the Kings on his calendar but let's face it: this is the best rivalry in the NHL over the past few years. I still dread the thought of losing to these guys. It's not an option, Canucks. Layeth the smack down!
The last thing most of us remember about a Canucks-Hawks game is Duncan Keith doing this:
Dirty bastard. Keith got a 5 game suspension. Daniel Sedin missed 12 games and did not return to action until Game 4 of the opening round series against the Kings. The Canucks were already buried by that point, down 3 games to 0. Is there going to be any retribution on Keith in this game? I really doubt it. But I can assure you nobody is going to fuck with the Twins. Not with Zack Kassian on that line.
#1 / Goalie / Vancouver Canucks
Apr 04, 1979
DESERVES THE START!
Sedin - Sedin - Kassian (5 goals in 7 games, WOOOO!)
Higgins - Burrows - Hansen
Raymond - Schroeder - Weise
Lapierre - Malhotra - Volpatti
Bieksa - Hamhuis
Edler - Garrison
Ballard - Tanev
#50 / Goalie / Chicago Blackhawks
Dec 31, 1984
Brandon Saad - Toews - Hossa
Sharp - Bolland - Kane
Bickell - Shaw - Stalberg
Mayers - Kruger - Frolik
Keith - Seabrook
Brookbank - Leddy
Oduya - Hjalmarsson
With a lineup like that I guess I shouldn't be surprised at how few penalties the Hawks have taken this season so far and their low hit count.
- Blackhawks are 6-1 in their last 7 road games.
- Blackhawks are 6-1 in their last 7 overall.
- Blackhawks are 6-1 in their last 7 vs. Western Conference.
- Blackhawks are 8-2 in their last 10 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Blackhawks are 8-3 in their last 11 Friday games.
- Blackhawks are 1-7 in their last 8 vs. Northwest.
- Canucks are 11-3 in their last 14 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Canucks are 11-3 in their last 14 vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Canucks are 9-3 in their last 12 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Canucks are 7-3 in their last 10 vs. Central.
- Canucks are 14-6 in their last 20 Friday games.
- Canucks are 1-4 in their last 5 games following a win.
- More at the great Covers.com.
- I don't like that last Canucks stat. Vancouver needs to start stringing some wins together.
SCORE PREDICTING WIZARDS UPDATE
Twin Terror: 3
Meat Mayos: 2
patrik e (loves Booth): 2
For all of you playing the score-predicting/GWG scorer game, you need to check out this ol' post by some guy named Semi_Colon in regards to best practices in picking a score and game-winning goal scorer. Hat tip to missy for digging it out of the archives!
Oh, and Duncan Keith:
The title of this game preview post has been brought to you by Sepultura:
WHAT GOES AROUND