|Time||Tues. 7:00 PM PST
|Season Series||1-0 Stars
|The Enemy||Defending Big D||Scoring Leaders||
: 13-53-66 Eriksson: 22-37-59|
||< Road Record / Home Record >
||Goals For / Against +/-||+48
||Goals Per Game Average
||3.06 (4) +
||Goals Against Per Game Average
||5 On 5 GF/GA||1.21 (5)
||Power Play %
||Penalty Kill %
||Faceoffs %||52.1 (4)
||PIM's Per Game Average
I thought the first game of the season between these 2 on February 26 might be a little more feisty. It wasn't. It was more of a chess match and a blown 2-0 Canucks lead only to lose in OT. They play 3 times this month. Last time, the Stars were clinging to a playoff berth. Today, Dallas is on top of the pacific (barely) and 3rd in the West. Wow. The Stars have won 6 of their last 7 games, with their only loss coming in a shootout vs Shitsburgh. These guys are cruising.
The Canucks have beaten the Stars 5 straight times at the Rog. Just FYI. If the top line gets going....finally... Booth keeps scoring, Zack Kassian keeps up his massive attack and the team plays a solid 60, they can make it 6. But that's asking a lot lately. Oooo, it's bitter and cold over here!
ICE COLD CANUCKS
The Sedins are mini-slumping
again STILL. Unacceptable! STILL! MOVE IT!
-Dank has 1 assist in his last 5.
-Hank has zero points in his last 5.
-Jannik Hansen has no points in his last 7.
-Alex Edler: 1 goal and 1 assist in his last 11.
-Sami Salo: 1 assist in his last 6 games.
CANUCKS HEATING UP
-David Booth: 2 goals against the Sabres.
-Zack Kassian: 1 goal and 1 assist against the Sabres.
-Alexandre Burrows: 1 goal and 2 assists in his last 2 games.
-Kevin Bieksa: 3 assists in his last 2 games.
-Dan Hamhuis: 4 assists in his last 5 games.
|2011 - Roberto Luongo||46||2650||27||11||7||104||2.35||1301||104||.920||3|
- KesLORD - Zack Kassian (if AV is smart)
Alex Edler -
|2011 - Richard Bachman||14||744||7||3||32||2.58||379||347||.916||1|
Steve Ott - Jamie Benn - Adam Burish
Loui Eriksson - Mike Ribeiro - Michael Ryder
Eric Nystrom - Vernon Fiddler - Radek Dvorak
Ryan Garbutt - Tom Wandell - Tomas Vincour
Sheldon Souray - Stephane Robidas
Alex Goligoski - Philip Larsen
Mark Fistric - Trevor Daley
-Via TSN: The Stars are without Brendan Morrow, Toby Peterson and Jake Dowell. The Canucks are without the usual Keith Ballard, Andrew Ebbett, Steve Pinizotto and Aaron Volpatti. Basically, a bunch of 4th liners and a doghouse guy.
- Stars are 4-0 in their last 4 road games.
- Stars are 6-0 in their last 6 vs. Northwest.
- Stars are 5-0 in their last 5 vs. Western Conference.
- Stars are 6-1 in their last 7 overall.
- Stars are 4-1 in their last 5 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Stars are 4-1 in their last 5 games following a win.
- Stars are 19-7 in their last 26 when their opponent allows 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Stars are 21-8 in their last 29 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Stars are 2-5 in their last 7 Tuesday games.
- Stars are 2-6 in their last 8 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Stars are 1-4 in their last 5 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Canucks are 13-5 in their last 18 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Canucks are 2-6 in their last 8 vs. Pacific.
- Canucks are 2-6 in their last 8 after allowing 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Canucks are in trouble if their best players don't fucking score.
- Much more at Covers.com.
The Last Meeting Between The Two:
Vernon Fiddler Makes That Game A Little More Interesting
Roberto Luongo: Last Man Standing. Stolen from PITB. Nice how a lot of the haters came out again after the Buffalo game. Yeesh.
The title of this post has been brought to you by Feargal Sharkey:
NOW GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE!