|Time||Sun. 6:00 PM PST
|Season Series||3-1 Canucks
|The Enemy||The Copper And Blue||Scoring Leaders||
: 12-50-62 Eberle: 25-30-55|
||< Road Record / Home Record >
||Goals For / Against +/-||-21
||Goals Per Game Average
||Goals Against Per Game Average
||5 On 5 GF/GA||0.85 (27)
||Power Play %
||Penalty Kill %
||Faceoffs %||48.5 (25)
|701 (27) +
|375 (19) +
||PIM's Per Game Average
The Canucks have a 7-1 record when playing the first game of a road trip this season. The only loss came against the Oilers back in October. They are 3-4 in the second game of back to backs this season. So, I am guessing that this game won't look like the slaughter that was the Canucks-Leafs on Saturday night. But you never know. The Sedins are back on the scoresheet again and bumped their mini slumps. Each of them is just under a point per game average lifetime vs the Oilers.
The Oilers are playing for 14th spot in the West (haha) and the Canucks can be motivated by keeping pace with the first place Red Wings. Detroit plays San Jose at home (d'oh!) Sunday afternoon. So the Canucks will know by game time if they once again trail the Wings by 4 points.
This is the first of a 6-game road trip for Vancouver, and they have been road warriors of late (5-0-1 in their last 6 away from the Rog.)
Don't forget: Dan Hamhuis: Heart Of A Canuck airs at 9 pm on Sunday night just after the game.
|2011 - Cory Schneider||21||1139||12||5||43||2.27||597||554||.928||2|
- KesLORD -
Cody Hodgson --
Alex Edler -
|2011 - Nikolai Khabibulin||33||1873||12||16||80||2.56||938||858||.915||2|
Hall - Gagner - Eberle
Paajarvi - Horcoff - Hemsky
Smyth - Belanger - Jones
Eager- Lander - Petrell
Whitney - Gilbert
Smid - Petry
Sutton - Barker
-Via TSN. No Nugent-Hopkins (shoulder) yet. He is close though. Oilers also without Theo Peckham and Corey Potter.
- Oilers are 4-0 in their last 4 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of greater than .600.
- Oilers are 5-12 in their last 17 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Oilers are 42-107 in their last 149 vs. Western Conference.
- Oilers are 16-42 in their last 58 vs. Northwest.
- Oilers are 3-9 in their last 12 Sunday games.
- Canucks are 5-1 in their last 6 road games.
- Canucks are 45-15 in their last 60 vs. Northwest.
- Canucks are 19-7 in their last 26 Sunday games.
- Canucks are 19-8 in their last 27 games playing on 0 days rest.
- More at Covers.com.
The last meeting:
Old school: Gretzky scores his 500th NHL goal....against Vancouver:
Rypien vs Stortini:
The title of this preview post is brought to you by the Beastie Boys: