|Time||Wed. 7:00 PM PST
|Season Series||3-0 Canucks
||3-2 Canucks Feb.04/12
|The Enemy||Mile High Hockey||Scoring Leaders||
H. Sedin: 12-46-58 O'Reilly: 15-26-41
||< Road Record / Home Record >
||Goals For / Against +/-||+41
||Goals Per Game Average
||Goals Against Per Game Average
||5 On 5 GF/GA||1.18 (6)
||Power Play %
||22.2 (1) -
||Penalty Kill %
||86.2 (6) +
||Faceoffs %||51.8 (4) +
||1236 (17) +
||665 (28) +
||356 (19) +
||PIM's Per Game Average
So it's kind of the same scenario for this game: The Canucks are trying to keep pace with the Dead Wings and their opponent is craving every point to get into / stay in the playoff race. The big difference is that this game won't be boring. The Canucks have to be smart because the Avs are explosive. They play an up beat style. That means the Sedins are going to have more room out there compared to the Calgary and Phoenix games.
How about avoiding a shootout, boys? Jeez, enough is enough already. The Canucks are now tied with the Devils in games played that have gone to shootouts. Yeah, really. Van is 6-6 in the circus.
David Booth - KesLORD -Mason Raymond
Jannik Hansen - Maxim Lapierre -Chris Higgins
Manny Malhotra -Cody Hodgson - Byron Bitz
Dan Hamhuis - Kevin Bieksa
Alex Edler - Sami Salo
Andrew Alberts - Aaron Rome
|2011 - Jean-Sebastien Giguere||27||1560||14||9||55||2.12||721||666||.924||1|
Jones - Stastny - Hejduk
Landeskog - O'Reilly - Mueller
Winnik - McClement - Kobasew
Cody McLeod - David Van Der Gulik - Tyson Barrie
Hejda - O'Byrne
Quincey - Johnson
O'Brien - Wilson
-For both teams via TSN. The Avs have been without Matt Duchene since the end of December. He traveled with the team to Vancouver and is close to returning. Damn. No Keith Ballard for Vancouver. Chris Higgins makes his return.
- Avalanche are 13-3 in their last 16 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Avalanche are 4-9 in their last 13 Wednesday games.
- Avalanche are 16-43 in their last 59 vs. Northwest.
- Avalanche are 2-6 in their last 8 overall.
- Avalanche are 3-10 in their last 13 games playing on 3 or more days rest.
- Avalanche are 1-4 in their last 5 road games.
- Avalanche are 1-4 in their last 5 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Canucks are 4-0 in their last 4 Wednesday games.
- Canucks are 5-1 in their last 6 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Canucks are 4-1 in their last 5 overall.
- Canucks are 4-1 in their last 5 vs. a team with a losing record.
- Canucks are 44-15 in their last 59 vs. Northwest. Domination, bitch.
- More at Covers.com.
The last meeting was a good one:
Remember Shane O'Brien? Yeah me too:
He did score last game for the Avs though.
The title of this post is brought to you by a Run DMC classic: