|Time||Tues. 4:30 PM PST
||5-4 Lightning Dec.11 /10
|The Enemy||Raw Charge||Scoring Leaders||
: 11-38-49 Stamkos: 28-17-45|
||< Road Record / Home Record >
||Goals For / Against +/-||-27
||Goals Scored||107 (17)
||5 On 5 GF/GA||0.92 (18)
||Power Play %
|86.6 (6) -
||Penalty Kill %
||Faceoffs %||48.5 (24)
|956 (10) +
|288 (21) +
|261 (20) -
||PIM's Per Game Average
Note: The "+" and "-" symbols behind the Canucks stats indicate better or worse ratings compared to the game before. No symbol means no change.
The decreased effort / intensity level in the loss to Florida was hardly a surprise to many people. Manny Malhotra can deny it all he wants but it was what it was. But if we know that about the Canucks then we also know that
the Canucks rarely lay an egg like that two games in a row. So bring on the Tampa Bay Lightning, who are terrible at almost every main stat out there (see above chart). This SHOULD BE a shutting down of Tampa's Big 3 in Lecavalier, St. Louis and Stamkos and then a solid win using a solid effort. One thing though: the Bolts are 11-5-0 at home this season.
PS: OK OK, I won't use the Stinkface gif on any numbskulls in the comments thread.
Chris "The Professor" Higgins - KesLORD - Jannik "Beaker" Hansen
MayRay - Cody "Chinook" Hodgson - "Lappy" Lapierre
Mike "Count" Duco - Money Mo Malhotra - Dale Weiser
Dan "The Hammer" Hamhuis - Kevin "Juice" Bieksa
Alex "E-Money Edler" - Keith "Hips Don't Lie" Ballard
Andrew "A-Train" Alberts - Alexander "Alka" Sulzer
|2011 - Dwayne Roloson||20||1005||6||9||63||3.76||530||467||.881||1|
"I thought he did some good things in his last game in net," TB coach Guy Boucher said. "He’s had some terrific practices and this morning was probably his best practice of the year." Roloson’s 16 career wins and five shutouts against the Canucks are his most against any team. -Bolts Report
St. Louis - Stamkos - Downie
Moore - Lecavalier - Connolly
Malone - Thompson - Purcell
Dana Tyrell - Tom Pyatt - Pierre-Cedric Labrie
Brewer - Kubina
Clark - Gilroy
Mikkelson - Bergeron
-For both teams via TSN. No Ohlund, Hedman, Ryan Shannon or Adam Hall for Tampa. That hurts.
- Lightning are 6-0 in their last 6 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of greater than .600.
- Lightning are 6-0 in their last 6 games as a home underdog.
- Lightning are 4-0 in their last 4 home games.
- Lightning are 1-4 in their last 5 Tuesday games.
- Canucks are 7-1 in their last 8 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Canucks are 4-1 in their last 5 road games.
- Canucks are 20-7 in their last 27 in the third game of a 3-in-4 situation.
- Canucks are 10-4 in their last 14 vs. a team with a losing record.
- Canucks are 18-8 in their last 26 games playing on 0 days rest.
- Canucks are 8-3 in their last 11 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- More at Covers.com
The last meeting against the Lightning over a year ago turned into the Stamkos Show:
Canucks fans were not impressed:
The title of this post brought to you by that great band LIVE:
I have heard that Martin St. Louis has a big role in The Hobbit. No special effects were necessary: