|Time||Sun. 6:00 PM PST
|Season Series||1 - 1
||5-2 Canucks Dec.29/11
|The Enemy||Anaheim Calling, Battle Of California||Scoring Leaders||
: 11-41-52 Selanne: 15-28-43|
||< Road Record / Home Record >
||Goals For / Against +/-||+37
||Goals Scored||145 (2)
||107 (7) +
||5 On 5 GF/GA||1.17 (6)
||Power Play %
||Penalty Kill %
||87.1 (4) +
||Faceoffs %||51.5 (7) -
||999 (11) -
||277 (21) -
||PIM's Per Game Average
||14.7 (28) -
Canucks-Ducks games are never boring. Not that I can recall. There's no love between these teams and so it's usually a chippy affair. As you can see above, the Ducks have a 4-10-6 record away from the pond. Their GM has declared that all players except Selanne and Koivu are available. That may have been said to light a fire under his team's ass. Anaheim is 4-0-1 in their last 5 games. They beat the Oilers 5-0 on Friday. Ryan Getzlaf had
4 assists. Corey Perry and Teemu Selanne had a goal and an assist each and Jonas Hiller got the goose egg. So maybe there's a turnaround happening with these Quacks. The Canucks had better not underestimate them, because we've seen what the Ducks can do to us when that happens: Turnover/Transition hell. Odd man rushes against that make you wanna kick the shit outta your $2000 TV.
Chris "The Professor" Higgins - KesLORD - David Booooth
MayRay - Cody "Chinook" Hodgson -Jannik "Beaker" Hansen
Maxim "Lappy" Lapierre - Money Mo Malhotra - Dale Weiser
Dan "The Hammer" Hamhuis - Kevin "Juice" Bieksa
Alex "E-Money Edler" - Keith "Hips Don't Lie" Ballard
Andrew "A-Train" Alberts - Aaron "God" Rome
|2011 - Jonas Hiller||37||2072||11||17||103||2.98||1053||950||.902||2|
Ryan - Getzlaf - Perry
Hagman - Koivu - Selanne
Blake - Cogliano - Kyle Palmieri
Belesky - Bonino - Parros
Sbisa - Visnovksy
Beauchemin - Fowler
Lydman - Brookbank
-For teams via TSN. Looks like David Booth makes his return.
- Ducks are 3-8 in their last 11 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Ducks are 7-19 in their last 26 road games.
- Ducks are 7-19 in their last 26 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Ducks are 1-4 in their last 5 in the fourth game of a 4-in-6 situation.
- Ducks are 2-8 in their last 10 games following a win.
- Ducks are 1-4 in their last 5 in the third game of a 3-in-4 situation.
- Ducks are 1-4 in their last 5 after scoring 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Ducks are 1-5 in their last 6 vs. Northwest.
- Ducks are 1-6 in their last 7 Sunday games.
- Canucks are 4-1 in their last 5 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Canucks are 4-1 in their last 5 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Canucks are 22-7 in their last 29 vs. Pacific.
- Canucks are 13-5 in their last 18 games following a win.
- Canucks are 35-17 in their last 52 Sunday games.
- More at Covers.com
The last time these teams met = great success! :
This one's for Missy:
Well look at this: Messier's first game as a Canuck was against the Ducks. Here is the entire game!
The title of this post is brought to you by Nine Inch Nails:
- Simmed the game on NHL 12. Result: 4-1 Canucks, Dank with the winner.
- Zany says: 4-3 Canucks, Kesler with the winner.