Things are starting to pick up around these parts. The fanposts are filling up which is great to see. I hope to have the final Cup goal chart out next week and will be revisiting the notion of grit soon too.
Some news and notes for you lovely sonsofbitches:
- Derek Jory has some photos of the happier moments during the spring run.
- If Kesler's hip surgery is anything like Ballard's hip surgery last year, are they screwed?
- Owen Nolan says he has "plenty of fire left in the tank."
- Jeff Marek is sad there's no video of Nolan biting anyone because then Jeff Marek could pretend he's witty instead of exposing himself as a lazy hack.
- Luongo is praised and trashed in a view of possible Lou Marsh Trophy nominees.
- "Malhotra-style" inspirational comebacks are all the rage.
- One of the first beneficiaries of playing on the Sedin line comes home to the AHL.
- Want some more former Canuck news? Michael Peca is now the GM of the Buffalo Junior Sabres and the team's coach is Grant Ledyard who played 49 games with Vancouver in 1997.
- DGB admits to liking the old Canucks jerseys.
- Elsewhere, Sean Avery calls some cops "fat little pigs" which sounds like an accurate description of a policeman to me.
- Not that Vancouver needs any, but PD has some free agent defensemen still looking for homes.
- Off topic: Prius-on-Prius violence is in.