|Time||Sat. 7:00 PM PST
|Season Series||4-0-1 Canucks
||4-3 Canucks (Mar.12/2011)|
|The Enemy||Matchsticks And Gasoline||Scoring Leaders||
: 41-61-102 Iginla: 42-43-85|
UPDATE: Miikka Kiprusoff will have to wait until next season to earn the Flames' franchise record for wins. Apparently he is not feeling 100%, so Henrik Karlsson will start instead tonight. (Calgary Herald)
It was great seeing the Canucks revert back to their winning ways against the Wild. So they aren't going to stink out the remainder of the season. Or are they? The Flames are all that remain on the Canucks' regular season schedule. It's too bad this game is just another filler. It could have been so beautiful. This could have been a chance to eliminate the Flames' playoff hopes. Alas they managed to do themselves in much earlier.
Kesler's hattie against the Wild was a breath of fresh air. He had scored only 1 goal in his previous 9 games. Raymond had only scored once in his past 11 games but he looks to have found his scoring touch back.
So you gotta love seeing these guys get back on track just in time for the playoffs.
- Word is that Dan Hamhuis will play. The Canucks will then ice their full D roster for the first time all season.
- Aaron Rome is going to play forward. He is a god. He can do anything.
- No points for Ducks' Corey Perry tonight and only 1 assist for Martin St. Louis means Daniel Sedin's NHL point lead may hold up.
- Miikka Kiprusoff has a chance to set a Flames franchise record for wins. Look for the team to put out a hell of a lot better of an effort than Minny did.
- What's next for the Flames and Iginla? (Globe and Mail)
- Cory Schneider will start for the Canucks and looks to get his name on the Jennings Trophy with Roberto Luongo
- Mason Raymond has 3 goals and 7 points in 5 games against the Flames this season. Kesler has 3 goals and 6 points. Burrows has 4 goals and 8 points. Dank has 4 goals and 7 points while Hank has 5 assists.
- Honestly, just get it over with. The anticipation and anxiety of the playoffs is getting too much for me. Like someone said before, if the Canucks can remain healthy that is a win in itself.
- I have decided to not start a new Score Predicting Wizards competition for the playoffs. We'll just keep the current one going.
The Last Meeting: Flames Blow a 2-0 Lead:
GO CANUCKS GO!