Holy smokes, what a crazy ending for the series! I quite literally had butterflies in my stomach during that overtime period. Thank goodness Alexandre Burrows finished it when he did, I probably wouldn't have been able to handle anymore. Some more points on closing out this series and moving on to Nashville:
- Congratulations to Ryan Kesler, who has just officially received his 3rd straight Selke nomination. He is up against 3-year-incumbent Pavel Datsyuk and Jonathan Toews.
- A big thank you to Second City Hockey for being a great rival blog this series. The inter-blogging between our two communities went very well once again. Their Blackhawks did put up a good fight, so they should be proud of that.
- As for the 2nd round, our rival blog will be On The Forecheck, the SBNation home of the Predators. Yes, these are the same people who called us "smug and preening" a couple months ago, causing that immensely popular NM meme. Be sure to check them out and introduce yourselves. Word is that Game 1 is tomorrow night.
- Canucks.com recap of last night's game.
- Other results from yesterday: Flyers won their Game 7 to eliminate the Sabres, while the Canadiens forced a Game 7 against the Bruins.
- Today's games: We have 2 Game 7's to close out the 1st round, with the Bruins hosting the Habs at 4:00, and the Penguins hosting the Lightning at 5:00. Bos-Mtl will be on CBC, and Pit-Tampa will be on TSN.
- NHL.com already has a quick preview for the Vancouver-Nashville series, as well as for the Sharks-Red Wings series.
- Woah, I'm behind on the Puck Daddy eulogies! Here we have Buffalo, New York, and Anaheim.
Bob McKenzie has never seen a 1st-round matchup with so much emotion like that before.
- Down on the farms, the Manitoba Moose beat the Lake Erie Monsters 4-1 in Game 7 last night to end the series and move on to the 2nd round. Their series against the Hamilton Bulldogs (aka baby Habs) will begin tomorrow night. Meanwhile, the Victoria Salmon Kings begin their Kelly Cup Conference Finals matchup against the Alaska Aces tonight.
- Finally, we have the celebration in the locker room: