Okay, I think I owe an apology. After the thrill of getting a 3-0 lead in the series, I was one of many Canucks fans who went overboard with calling the sweep before the game started. As we were all reminded, karma is a fickle peach, and we all paid bitterly last night.
As for the game itself, that obviously didn't turn out right. We all know that teams on the brink of elimination are hungrier for the win to extend the series. Hell, we just did that 2 years in a row. This time around, however, it was the Blackhawks who brought in that hunger to extend the series, and the Canucks just weren't up for it last night. Let's just get back to Vancouver and finish off this series. Oh wait, I have to work during tomorrow night's game. FFFFUUUUUUUU-
- Canucks obviously lost 7-2 to the Blackhawks last night in Game 4.
- Despite being behind early in Game 3, the Sharks managed to pull off a thrilling 6-5 OT win against the Kings.
- 4:00 pm PDT Capitals vs Rangers Game 4. After pulling off a win at home in Game 3, the Rangers will look to keep the momentum going and tie up the series. Viewable on Versus, TSN and RIS.
- 4:00 Penguins vs Lightning Game 4. This series seems to be evenly matched. Must help when Sidney Crosby is still out and Steven Stamkos is cold. Viewable on CBC and RDS.
- 4:30 Flyers vs Sabres Game 4. Buffalo would like to retie the series, while the Flyers would like to take a 3-1 series lead back to Philly for Friday. Viewable on TSN2.
- 5:30 Ducks vs Predators Game 4. Oh right, I forgot, we're still at the point in the round where everyone is at a 2-1 series result. For this series, the Predators would like to get the 3rd win in front of their home fans. Viewable on TSN and RIS.
- 7:30 Red Wings vs Coyotes Game 4. Oh look, something different! Detroit is poised to eliminate Phoenix tonight. Can the Yotes survive? Viewable on Versus, CBC, RDS, and a couple FS stations.
- Added: As tweeted by Sekeres (h/t CC) and confirmed by a couple Swedish reports, the Canucks have signed 21-year-old defenseman Sebastian Erixon from Timra of the Swedish Elite League to a 2-year contract. He has 20 points in 44 games this year.
- GM's Mike Gillis, Steve Yzerman of Tampa, and Barry Poile of Nashville are all nominated for GM of the Year. You go, GMMG! (PS: that article includes the schedule for when they're announcing nominees for all the other awards.)
- Shut your mouths, haters, because Roberto Luongo ain't rattled about last night.
- Isn't April too early to be thinking about possible 2012 Winter Classic locations?
- Down on the farm, the Moose lost 2-1 last night to the Monsters. Lake Erie now leads the series 2-1.
- And on the other farm, Victoria hosts the Utah Grizzlies tonight in Game 3. Our salmon brethren currently lead the series 2-0.
- Considering how today is 4/20, SBNation has gathered some "stoned sport epiphanies".