And Henrik Karlsson can complain about interference from Mason Raymond all he wants to but he's wrong.
in the 2nd period. 3 in a row to be exact, and 2 of which the Flames capitalized on to make it 2-0 after 2. Calgary outshot the Canucks 19-7 in the 2nd. They had the momentum. But the Canucks showed their dominant side in the 3rd. Alexandre Burrows tipped in a shot 2:00 in. The Canucks continued their relentless offence, often giving the Flames odd-man rushes the other way which were stopped by Cory Schneider. At the 11:05 mark the Sedins worked their magic with Ryan Kesler to provide one of the goals of the year:
On the power play! Wow! Beautiful!
Vancouver outshot Calgary 17-6 in the 3rd and carried their momentum into OT, where Christian Ehrhoff ended it, absolutely spoiling the Flames home closer.
- Aaron Rome looked fine on line 4. Actually, line 4 looked great all night.
- Too many fucking penalties. I'm not going to turd on the refs. The Canucks played far less disciplined than Calgary.
- I find it strange that Ehrhoff and Samuelsson man the points on the first power play unit while Salo and Edler are on the 2nd unit. That's a lot of firepower getting a lot less PP time. But who am I to doubt Alain Vigneault's strategy?
- Dan Murphy on Twitter: If I read lips correctly Iginla called Burrows chickensh** a couple times & Burrows told Iginla to have a nice summer. Iginla had dropped the gloves but Burr wanted nothing of it.
- Daniel Sedin gets 2 more assists and easily wins the Art Ross Trophy!
- Ehrhoff and Kesler led the Canucks with 6 shots each. Ehrhoff played the most: 25:37.
- Someone correctly stated on Twitter that Ehrhoff scored the Canucks' first and last goals of the regular season. 50 points for the mad German! Well done! A +19 too. For all the blunders he provides he more than makes up for it in offence.
- Ryan Kesler and Daniel Sedin lead the team in goals: 41 each. See this page for more Canucks greatness compared to other NHL'ers. Damn, Bieksa was a 0 +/- tonight so he doesn't catch Chara. 2nd place is impressive though.
- At some point, Higgins, Lapierre and Tambellini are going to have to cash in MORE. They do everything else right though.
- FACEOFF REPORT
- ICE TRACKER
- ON TO THE PLAYOFFS! We will know our first round opponent by tomorrow afternoon.